22x47 lapua

window licker

i have recently had a rifle built in 6.5x47 and have another barrel thats going to be chambered in 22x47 was wondering if anyone has used this with the 75-80 grain bullets.

Wouldn't that be kind of like a 22-250 with a small primer pocket? Just curious...it is what I have herd..on the intenet, of course.

I like the idea!

I have a question. Is there a reason to stop with the 75-80 grain weight rather than step up to the 80-90s? If you sling the smaller pills fast enough it does not matter, I was just wondering why the choice of the 75-80s.

Jeffvn

the reason is two things, one the 90s are a bit tricky to get to shoot well consitantly either there coming apart at speed due to the enormous rpm there spinning or there is the problem with magazine lengths. I like the 80 grain bullets for the fact they carry a decent bc 454 with the you vlds. also I am using a 1-8 twist and have a pile of jlk bullets laying around

I just had one built. I haven't shot mine much but my smith has built several. They shoot phenomenal with the 80 grain VLD's. About 38-40.5 of H4350 will get ya around 3400 in a 26" tube

I just had one built. I haven't shot mine much but my smith has built several. They shoot phenomenal with the 80 grain VLD's. About 38-40.5 of H4350 will get ya around 3400 in a 26" tube

that sounds about right i run 41g of h4350 in my 6.5x47 comp gun at 2950 with a 130 berger vld. this will be going on the same platform a bat vr 90 right bolt left port. might just get a 6mm barrel for it and finish off the trifecta. this gun is used for precision rifle matches and coyote hunting cant say how impressed i am with the 6.5x47 lapua just had it finished in april and already have 700 rounds through it. i am thinking about 2k is the point of failure with the barrel? this 6.5 will be used on antelope and deer this year will keep you posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.