.223 wssm

muleytime

Hi guys. This will be my first post. Have visited quite a few times.

I recently purchased a .223 WSSM. 26" Lilja Barrel. For this winters new coyote gun. I love the ballistics and speed this thing can push out.

Just wondering if any of you guys have experience with loading for this gun. Good powder/bullet combos. And were to find brass for it, or easier to use some .25 WSSM i have and neck it down?

gun)

I haven't turned 25wssm into 223 wssm but I've gone the reverse and it pushes the shoulder neck juncture back a bit as the shoulder angle is different (28 (223 and 243wssm) vs 30 degrees(25wssm)). It'll take a fireform to straighten her out I'd guess even though the 2 degrees isn't a lot. You don't have much extra bbl. life with this one for fireforming; I'd try to get some 223 or 243 brass first before I work with the 25 wssm stuff.

In any case good luck with the rifle; these little calibers can run with the big dogs pretty well.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.