223 Rem. Loads

I'm into AR Varminting and in the past 3 gun matches so I might shoot 500 rounds per day. I was buying bulk bullets pre plandemic. Years ago I found these high BC 62 grain HPBT. Just the most excellent round with BC as high as heavier match 223 bullets. Bench rest AR and getting 10 shot dime size groups at 200 yards.

I've since found 62 gr hpbt with good BC that do okay for say 1000 for $120. I just never even tried to perfect lighter bullets because of the poor BC. Varmigedon 55 grain are kind of fun for ground squirrel hunting at up to a couple hundred yards.

What brand are the 62gr bullets you are running? Boy dime size 10 shot groups @ 200yds I would say your gun agrees fully with those. Love it when one finds that sweet spot! And when the plan comes together!

I said Pre c19 you could buy all kinds of things. Like Trump Era. I took a picture of them. Used to buy boxes of 5000's. You can't even find them anymore. I looked tonight.

My 222 and 223 shoot lights out with either 50g Ballistic Tips or 52g SMK's, for foxes, we have a bullet here from Nosler called SHOTS, they come in 500/1000 count boxes in either 50g or 55g and are a soft point. Supposed to be for our professional 'roo shooters, not so good out of 22-250's or 220 Swift's due to velocity, but put very large holes in foxes…

Cheers.

I enjoying loading for 223 and have tried a very wide array of powders and bullets. Most of my bullets are between 69 and 75 grains for both bolt and AR guns. I typically find myself grabbing VV N-140 for extruded powder uses, which is when I'm trying to get a more accurate and consistent load. I tend to grab more Accurate 2520 when I want a decently accurate load for general shooting that allows me to use a powder throw.