22 Creedmoor Mobile Predator Rifle

I don't want to knock what another guy likes in a rifle but I've never understood the short barreled "suppressor ready" hunting rifle idea. Especially in over bore cartridges that shine in longer barrels. My duck hunting shotgun is 4" longer OAL than my 26" barreled 300prc and I've had that gun in buckbrush you could barely see through.

@RockyRandy if you were getting 2810fps with an 88eldm and 38.4gr of H4831 and 16" barrel.....
I'm getting an easy 2770fps out of a 20" ar15 in with 13gr less powder and the same bullet.

I'm not trying to start a Ping contest in any way but if 4 more inches of barrel and 13gr less powder in a smaller case will get close to "but less" velocity...why is everyone chopping barrels down?

I know I don't have to understand the "shorty" trend..... but I want to.

I don't want to knock what another guy likes in a rifle but I've never understood the short barreled "suppressor ready" hunting rifle idea. Especially in over bore cartridges that shine in longer barrels. My duck hunting shotgun is 4" longer OAL than my 26" barreled 300prc and I've had that gun in buckbrush you could barely see through.

@RockyRandy if you were getting 2810fps with an 88eldm and 38.4gr of H4831 and 16" barrel.....
I'm getting an easy 2770fps out of a 20" ar15 in with 13gr less powder and the same bullet.

I'm not trying to start a Ping contest in any way but if 4 more inches of barrel and 13gr less powder in a smaller case will get close to "but less" velocity...why is everyone chopping barrels down?

🥲😂🤣

So you are saying you are loading a 88gr ELD-M in a .223/556 AR15 and getting 2770. I would pay to see that. Let alone just trying to load a 88 to Mag length in a AR15. 😂🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    973.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
🥲😂🤣

So you are saying you are loading a 88gr ELD-M in a .223/556 AR15 and getting 2770. I would pay to see that. Let alone just trying to load a 88 to Mag length in a AR15. 😂🤣🤣
Single feed my friend. COAL of 2.390" and 25.5gr of WINCHESTER 748. 25.5 is hot but you're welcome to try it before you deny it.

I'm not saying that is my go-to everyday hunting load! I've played around with probably 20 different 22cal bullets that would stabilize in a 1:7tw. The 88eldm really needed a 1:6.5tw at 223/5.56 speeds.

I shoot a bunch of them in 1-8 twist. 22 Creedmoor , .22 Creedmoor 40 degree improved and 22x47 Lapua. They rock out of a 8 twist at higher velocities.

300 yard group 22x47 Lapua 26" 1-8 Brux #4 contour. Silencer Co Omega 300 suppressor.

3231 FPS

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

We're all individuals, we set up rifle builds, hand loads, and decide bullet weight according to our own specific needs and wants. An example my 30Sherman Mag Runs 215 bergers at 2870 out of a 20" barrel suppressed. Add 6" and 150fps for a 26" barrel and I'm at 3020fps.

Running the 26" barrel at 2000ft DA I'm at 1840fps 1600lbs energy at 1000yards

Running the 20" barrel at 2000ft DA I'm at 1800fps 1550lbs energy at 900yards.

My barrel is 20" plus 5" suppressor for 25" if I had a 26" plus 2.5" of brake I'm at 28.5"
Ill take the 100-150yd loss off my effective range to have a rifle that's 3.5" shorter, way quieter, doesn't scare everything within a mile away, and doesn't blow out my ears when I'm not wearing plugs.
I used to hunt in the mountains with a 29" plus brake 338EDGE AI so I have experienced both sides.

You don't understand why ppl use short barreled suppressed rifles and I don't understand why you would be single feeding an AR15. The good thing is that we obviously both enjoy shooting, hunting, and discussing it.

A good thing this country isn't rin by a bunch of morons.......... oh, never mind, it is and fortunately we still get to decide our barrel lengths and cartridges. I hear the leftist knocking, I'll answer the door... never mind it's hot they can wait!

I don't own a suppressor or hunt game (excluding quail...them tooooo good to pass on), so I might get a 6' gun yet? 12" suppressor, 36" barrel, 10" receiver and 14" of stock. Now the gun is talker than me.

We're all individuals, we set up rifle builds, hand loads, and decide bullet weight according to our own specific needs and wants. An example my 30Sherman Mag Runs 215 bergers at 2870 out of a 20" barrel suppressed. Add 6" and 150fps for a 26" barrel and I'm at 3020fps.

Running the 26" barrel at 2000ft DA I'm at 1840fps 1600lbs energy at 1000yards

Running the 20" barrel at 2000ft DA I'm at 1800fps 1550lbs energy at 900yards.

My barrel is 20" plus 5" suppressor for 25" if I had a 26" plus 2.5" of brake I'm at 28.5"
Ill take the 100-150yd loss off my effective range to have a rifle that's 3.5" shorter, way quieter, doesn't scare everything within a mile away, and doesn't blow out my ears when I'm not wearing plugs.
I used to hunt in the mountains with a 29" plus brake 338EDGE AI so I have experienced both sides.

You don't understand why ppl use short barreled suppressed rifles and I don't understand why you would be single feeding an AR15. The good thing is that we obviously both enjoy shooting, hunting, and discussing it.
Great points!

My single feeding adventure was very short lived. I just wanted to see what an 88eldm would do in a 20" AR.

I really should be asking this question in its own thread!

Your 30Sherman makes sense. You have a handy normal length rifle WITH a suppressor and didn't give up much performance. You lost 10% of your potential effective range but have a lighter package that's easier to carry around and doesn't alert game nearly as bad as a big boomer would. And with the right powders you are maximizing what you can get from a 20".

For us here in the east our ranges are shorter and we are going through brush, getting into vehicles and blinds that make a shorter rifle more convenient. Two years in a row I was in a blind and quickly had to switch windows while trying to get a shot at a buck. From one year to the next I switched from a 24" barrel with a Nomad L to an 18" with a Nomad Ti, a roughly 8" reduction in length and the transition was significantly easier with the shorter set up.

For us here in the east our ranges are shorter and we are going through brush, getting into vehicles and blinds that make a shorter rifle more convenient. Two years in a row I was in a blind and quickly had to switch windows while trying to get a shot at a buck. From one year to the next I switched from a 24" barrel with a Nomad L to an 18" with a Nomad Ti, a roughly 8" reduction in length and the transition was significantly easier with the shorter set up.
Blinds are tight!

I didn't love the idea either until I shot one. This short 22 Creedmoor is beating the performance of my 26" barreled 223 and it's shorter even with the suppressor.

Am I leaving performance on the table? Absolutely, my 26" barrel 22 creed shoots that same bullet at 3400 fps 😂