22 Creedmoor - input

Zhomeguy

Anyone running the 22 CM, if so how about a breakdown of who built her, your chosen components and why.
I'm looking at putting a few together for the fall coyote season, and like some input.
Any chambering secrets?
Thanks.

I have a Bob Beck (M-O-A rifles) built 22 Creedmoor! They built it for me and its in their promo video on U-tube. 22" benchmark 1-8" for shooting 75gr Bergers with an NSX 5-22. Sometimes I run a can but mostly I have it as my truck gun when no big game season is on! It has shot everything from sage rats to coyotes. A friend with one he built himself with a Proof barrel on a 700 action shot a mule deer with his at 550y.
Mine has 700 rounds thru it but still shoots .25 and looks good with bore scope. I'll have it rebarreled same setup when it's done. Likely will have them build me second one on the same Evo action but with a 26" Carbon Benchmark! I've shot big capacity wildcat 22 center fires for years and the 22 Creedmoor is the best balance of ease to load and efficiency. With Starline and ADG brass your good to go!

I have parts here for mine..just too many projects and a move have killed it--maybe this winter I'll get to work on it...

Manners CS
Bighorn Orgin
M5 surgeon bottom metal
Accurate 5 round mag
1-8 proof sendero carbon 18 inch
Manson reamer
LRHS 3x12
Spurh rings 30mm

I guess I'll be the one turning the threads--and beding it I guess

For now my 22-6mm and 223 will have to work...

Last edited:
I can't comment on the caliber. I've had a 22x47L and now a 22 Dasher.

The 80.5 Berger shoots like a match bullets and is devastating on game. With the 22x47L I actually backed off my charge because it was so nasty. The 22 Dasher velocity was better suited

I have a 22 middlestead that runs a 75gr Berger @ 3400fps. It is a 9 twist and is right on the edge of stability. If I did it over I would go 6.5 twist and run 88gr + weight bullets

Anyone running the 22 CM, if so how about a breakdown of who built her, your chosen components and why.
I'm looking at putting a few together for the fall coyote season, and like some input.
Any chambering secrets?
Thanks.

Chamber my own barrels. Used an X-caliber 7 twist because it was cheap and available. Used a PT&G reamer. Call and talk to them about what bullets you want to use and they will throat it correctly for you.
It's a great chambering for varmints. 20" with can for walking around will send 75s over 3300, and 88s over 3100. 24+" for static shooting will add a 150 fps or so.

Had mine for two weeks.
Proof 1 in 8, 26 inch
McMillan A3 Tactical Varmint
Trued rem 700 action
HS precision bottom metal with DM
Trigger tech special
Swaro x5 5-25 on top

Built by Procision Arms LLC, Avella, PA
Shoots 88 grain eldms, 3320 Fps under quarter moa at 200 yards

There's are fellow that goes by "big stick" on 24HCF whose quite in the know on the 22CM. Very knowledgeable, but you may get a straight up answer or something a bit sarcastic depending which way the wind blows. But he's worked up some loads with ELD 88s and reported some good things.

There's are fellow that goes by "big stick" on 24HCF whose quite in the know on the 22CM. Very knowledgeable, but you may get a straight up answer or something sarcastic but is reporting good info with ELD 88s.

Just curious why guys are going 8 twist instead of 7 to run the 90 gr bullets. Seems like it would have plenty of horsepower.

Well according to what the other fellow on 24HCF posted, seems the 7 twist stabilizes the 88s extremely well out to 1,000 yds if I'm not mistaken.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.