22 creed or 220 swift

The Swift AI is a real monster and mitigates brass flow into the neck. The Swift brass is ultra-strong, few realize this. The brass flow in the std swifts I have had drove me crazy, not to mention the case trimming.

IMR 4064 is the standard powder for the Swift with 50-55g bullets but you will get MUCH more barrel life using AA2700, which is one of the coolest burning powders made with Rem 9 1/2 primers. In my rifles with 26" barrels, the accuracy node with 50g bullets with AA2700 is at 4000 fps, shooting 1/4" groups, and 3900 with the 55g Noslers, touch the lands with the bullets, barely.

The Swift AI is approaching the realm of the 22-243 AI in terms of velocity.

If you go down the Swift road, realize there is a world of difference between Norma brass and Winchester brass.

Of late, I went a 22-243 AI, shooting the 60g at 4000 fps out of a 23" retired Hart 22 ppc barrel, shooting single bullet hole size groups. Then had a Wilson barrel chambered to shoot the 60s, finished at 26", yet to fire that barrel.

I have had a number of 22/250 AI's, and there is no downside other than fire-forming brass. There is no downside in accuracy or speed in the 22/250 AI, which is slightly faster than the standard 220 Swift.

Back in the late 70s/80s, there was a jackrabbit population explosion. I shot the barrels out of two Ruger varmint in Swift, and two Savage 112 J Single shots. While being extremely accurate, it seems like I had to full-length size every firing or every other firing, and case length growth is nothing short of unbelievable. Brass flow into the neck caused accuracy issues when you are speaking of getting 5+ firings on Winchester cases. As soon as I purchased a Tube Micrometer and started measuring case neck thickness and monitoring brass flow, I wanted to get out of the entire 220 Swift operation as to avoid Inside neck reaming or Neck Turning. Late 70's/early 80s, quality neck turning equipment did not exist like today.

I do not own anything creed, but the 22 Creed is a logical choice due to quality Lapua brass, and it is a duplication of the 22/250 AI in case capacity.

If you want a real monster, the 22/6 Rem AI pushes the 80g bullets into bug holes with Retumbo, 215s at 3650 and NEVER use a full length sizer with 3800 being top end.

My Swift is actually a 220 Wilson Arrow which has 0.3 grains less H2O capacity. It will easily achieve 4000 fps with 55 Bergers & 55 Sierra SPs on top of RL 16. My favorite load is with 50 grain SBKs on top of RL 15.5 which it achieves well into the 3900s ... at least the Labradar tells me it is because it is limited to about 3900 fps, I still need to take the 35P to the range and get the velocity 15' from the muzzle. Both powders work very well with single digit SDs and less than 1/2 MOA groups. My M70 Varmint has a 1-14 twist so it shoots best with flatbase 55 grain bullets and lighter. I'm up to 5 loads on my original Winchester 220 Swift brass, but it was all bought in the mid 90s.

If you go down the Swift road, realize there is a world of difference between Norma brass and Winchester brass.
I'd like to hear what you have found about the differences in the brass. My Winchester brass is approaching 30 years of age and going on their 6th loading, so I'm in the market for new brass and was considering purchasing some Norma when it becomes available again. My Win brass primer pockets are still good, but I have split necks on 5 pieces of brass even with annealing being accomplished. If you can go into the details about H2O volume, weight, neck thickness and durability that would be great.

Norma has a thicker neck, which made the grip on the bullet a lot tighter. Norma is softer than Winchester, with brass flow accentuated.
So, in your case, I would stick with Winchester or Remington brass, and pay the price on gunbroker or other.

Sorry, I can't give you the details you are looking for. I designed a reamer around the Norma brass, then realized that the reamer would be totally unacceptable for Winchester brass, never ordered the reamer.

I also believe that there was a difference in Web dia between the Norma and Winchester, but it has been so long, that those numbers left my head a long time ago.

Swift factory barrel chambers run on the large size as you are seeing from the split necks issue, I had the same issue. The easiest solution to extend brass life is to use a bushing die, where the brass is not sized way down, then the expander ball pulls the neck back out. Today, the Wilson case trimmer with the case holder and the Wilson inside neck reamer is a winner for cutting out the thickened neck at the shoulder neck junction forward. Also, the Redding bushing neck sizers do not size the base of the neck which is a tremendous help with Swift brass. I was amazed in how some pieces of brass within the same lot number would have necks thickening in various amounts. Obviously, some pieces of brass are softer than others.

Again, I would stick with Winchester brass and Remington when and if you can find it due to the load development you have already done with the Winchester brass, Switching to the Norma brass will mandate a new load workup as it has less internal case capacity with a thicker neck which will grip the bullet with more force.

Since you have a large neck in your chamber, the thicker norma brass may work in your favor in this regard, but there are other issues with case capacity, Web diameter, and die dimensions that could come back and bite you.

I hunted with a guy who carried his ammo in a coffee can, and mixed Rem, Win, and normal brass with the same load, he had some issues with the norma, but rabbits and chucks died just the same. My friend did not get into the accuracy, all he cared about was killing stuff.

22-250 with a 53gr Vmax still has 2500 fps at 500 yds. If you need to get past 500 then the 22 Creedmoor is the way to go. Very little taper in the brass so you can get a lot of reloads with it. An ancient rimmed cartridge is not what you want. Either one of your choices will eat barrels.

The Swift AI is a real monster and mitigates brass flow into the neck. The Swift brass is ultra-strong, few realize this. The brass flow in the std swifts I have had drove me crazy, not to mention the case trimming.

IMR 4064 is the standard powder for the Swift with 50-55g bullets but you will get MUCH more barrel life using AA2700, which is one of the coolest burning powders made with Rem 9 1/2 primers. In my rifles with 26" barrels, the accuracy node with 50g bullets with AA2700 is at 4000 fps, shooting 1/4" groups, and 3900 with the 55g Noslers, touch the lands with the bullets, barely.

The Swift AI is approaching the realm of the 22-243 AI in terms of velocity.

Of late, I went a 22-243 AI, shooting the 60g at 4000 fps out of a 23" retired Hart 22 ppc barrel, shooting single bullet hole size groups. Then had a Wilson barrel chambered to shoot the 60s, finished at 26", yet to fire that barrel.

I have had a number of 22/250 AI's, and there is no downside other than fire-forming brass. There is no downside in accuracy or speed in the 22/250 AI, which is slightly faster than the standard 220 Swift.

Back in the late 70s/80s, there was a jackrabbit population explosion. I shot the barrels out of two Ruger varmint in Swift, and two Savage 112 J Single shots. While being extremely accurate, it seems like I had to full-length size every firing or every other firing, and case length growth is nothing short of unbelievable. Brass flow into the neck caused accuracy issues when you are speaking of getting 5+ firings on Winchester cases. As soon as I purchased a Tube Micrometer and started measuring case neck thickness and monitoring brass flow, I wanted to get out of the entire 220 Swift operation as to avoid Inside neck reaming or Neck Turning. Late 70's/early 80s, quality neck turning equipment did not exist like today.

I do not own anything creed, but the 22 Creed is a logical choice due to quality Lapua brass, and it is a duplication of the 22/250 AI in case capacity.

If you want a real monster, the 22/6 Rem AI pushes the 80g bullets into bug holes with Retumbo, 215s at 3650 and NEVER use a full length sizer with 3800 being top end.
What's your powder loading for the AA2700 in the Swift. I have to try some of that, when I can get my hands on some of that AA2700. I have always used IMR4064 in my rifle. I could shot bug holes with that rifle with 55gr bullets.