22 creed

Achapa87

starting a 22 creed build and looking for light pill load info. My first load I'd like to start is a 62 gr ttsx hoping to be in the 4 k range. I understand the 22 creed was built for the heavy 22 high bc bullets. Next load will be around a 70 gr partition. So anyone info on light grain pills for the 22 creed will be appreciated.

Last edited:
starting a 22 creed build and looking for light pill load info. My first load I'd like to start is a 62 gr ttsx hoping to be in the 4 k range. I understand the 22 creed was built for the heavy 22 high bc bullets. Next load will be around a 70 gr partition. So anyone info on let gut pills for the 22 creed will be appreciated.
I will be watching this!

4,000 fps with a 62 gr ttsx seems like a very lofty goal for such a small case. This case is basically a .22-250 Savage case without the taper, right?

What do you intened to shoot with 62's? I've not used them but they look like they'd work well !

Coyotes, cats, hogs and deer. I went to a 204 last year and had hard luck hitting chest shot dogs. It would splash all over. Before I was in a 22/250 and never had that problem but traded that 250 cause I figured the 204 running really fast would be good. But the chest was just to much for the little fast bullets they'd splash everywhere. Leaving blood but didn't find 4 dogs. Traded it and got a 220 swift and we are 100% again. Figured with the ttsx loaded stupid hot I could hit them in the chest and it exit the *** jk. But it would be plenty the pierce bone. Down here I hunt a lot of lanes and right or ways so dogs usually come charging in the stop and posture up expose full frontals. My favorite shot.

I have 6, .25 and 6.5 creed reamers and have worked with all of them using Lapua brass with the small primer pocket.. The brass holds up to hot loads amazingly well.

Interested too. Going to have a Howa rebarrled to 22CM to shoot 65gr MTHs. Should be a coyote hammer!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.