22 creed 73gr Absolute hammers!

only one they make over 75 is the 83, i run it 3500 in a 22/6mm, like the 73Ah in my 22 saum at 3975 better, lol
Oops. Yea that's the one I was referring to. That 73 is screaming. I need one of those lasers in the stable. I got a spare long action that needs a new barrel…..

Haven't hAd anything run over 50/60 yds, most drop right there, but when they do run they leave a nice blood trail!

Looking at my records from the last few years from here to 505 yards using standard 55-63 grain bullets in my 14 twist 22/250 critters went absolutely straight down 93.3% of the time.

With rare exception do they take a step, and these are with lung shots not breaking bone (intentionally)

When using a hard bullet, that ratio changes a fair bit. By hard I am talking Partition, Trophy Bonded, Barnes of one generation or another. Keep in mind they all died, it's just that with a hard bullet they will run farther most all the time....

I would expect to see the very same with Hammers. Especially out the 300-500 yard ranges. I might get some lighter Hammers to try in my 14 twist and see how it goes but my other bullets kill so quickly it's tough to wander far off base anymore. I'm kind of to an age of trying things just doesn't turn my crank much anymore. Can't decided if that's good or bad...:)

Thanks, I ordered one of their 15 packs to give a go. Probably a waste of time but it's worth a go.

Maybe they will perk in my 223 Ack, it's a 12

Picks have you shot the TTSX much, they and the Hammer both have petals that shear off, both have relief groves, both have a tendency to turn into basically wadd cutters pushing thru once the petals are gone.

Seems to me pretty much the same thing as the Hammer.Thoughts?

Thanks, I ordered one of their 15 packs to give a go. Probably a waste of time but it's worth a go.

Maybe they will perk in my 223 Ack, it's a 12

Picks have you shot the TTSX much, they and the Hammer both have petals that shear off, both have relief groves, both have a tendency to turn into basically wadd cutters pushing thru once the petals are gone.

Seems to me pretty much the same thing as the Hammer.Thoughts?
hammers have a 1.5mm hp that always opens even down to 1800 fps, after watching serval dear run 500 yds with tsx s with a pencil hole in them, i quit them, hammer blows them away in terminal performace! plus they dont pressure up as fast as barnes!

yeah we had a 53 out of our 223 Ack not open (we found the bullet, usually they just punch thru like a wadd cutter with little or no meat damage and or blood shot meat) on a lope @ 94 yards.....turned into a bit of a rodeo. Caught up with the buck over the hill (in 2' of snow, early blizzard) wife grabbed our 7 Mashburn and put him down @ 434 yards with a shot to the base of the neck

The small caliber TSX's had plenty of issues not opening up IMO. Especially if not launced fast!

Saw it on a mule deer with a 140 TSX out of a 7/08 and a 150 out of a .308 on elk

To date, we've not seen that issue with the TTSX. Hollow points can and will often become problematic IME

yeah we had a 53 out of our 223 Ack not open (we found the bullet, usually they just punch thru like a wadd cutter with little or no meat damage and or blood shot meat) on a lope @ 94 yards.....turned into a bit of a rodeo. Caught up with the buck over the hill (in 2' of snow, early blizzard) wife grabbed our 7 Mashburn and put him down @ 434 yards with a shot to the base of the neck

The small caliber TSX's had plenty of issues not opening up IMO. Especially if not launced fast!

Saw it on a mule deer with a 140 TSX out of a 7/08 and a 150 out of a .308 on elk

To date, we've not seen that issue with the TTSX. Hollow points can and will often become problematic IME
yep thats why hammer has a 1.5mm hp and soft copper!, 264 wm 120 tssx at 3400 200 yd shot pass through never got deer! after that i wouldnt shoot monos for years til i decided to call and talk to steve about hammers! first deer i shot with 64HH 3800 fps 223wssm hooked me for life. lol