22 creed 73gr Absolute hammers!

yes the 73 Ah is my favorite, i have seen the 73 HH and 75AH tumble when pushed to hard in 7t up 3700 plus, the Ah was designed to fix this problem! iv shot it out to 700 yds with good results!
Glad to hear you ran it out past 400 in testing. How big a deal is the crimping stuff on these? I really have no idea how the case capacity will work out for pressure on the 22 Creed with this projo. What Powder would you recommend starting with, and seating depth? This is a short action Terminus Apollo with AI Mag

That's incorrect, You need to run the proper bullet for you individual twist rate
I dont think some guys understand how much longer these coppers r vs lead bullets, so they go off the weight and dont run it in a calulator! i run the 75 Ah in my 22 saum 6.5twist they tumbled when temp got cold, plus we think it was just so long it put to much pressure on the nose! so brian and steve shortened it up from 1.200 to 1.100 made it the 73Ah. this baby will fly now 4k in my 22saum with no issues!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you ran it out past 400 in testing. How big a deal is the crimping stuff on these? I really have no idea how the case capacity will work out for pressure on the 22 Creed with this projo. What Powder would you recommend starting with, and seating depth? This is a short action Terminus Apollo with AI Mag
IMG_3128-X2.jpg

i dont crimp mine, as far as seating id start .010 off lands, in my rifle 2.605 is that. my reamer is .090 freebore! start at 45gr of rl 26!

Thanks pickens72. I like what RL-26 does, but we've had some problems with temp issues winter to summer in my 7-LRM. Any other extreme (temp stable) powder you've tried or would suggest to start with?

Thanks pickens72. I like what RL-26 does, but we've had some problems with temp issues winter to summer in my 7-LRM. Any other extreme (temp stable) powder you've tried or would suggest to start with?
i dont have any issues with it here my hunting temps run from 25-80 degrees, never could get the speed with 4350!

Got it. I've run H100V in my 6.5x284 on the 124 HH's and worked great in that. The RL-26 might be good for us if not getting too tight on fill to get to where we need to be. Seems it's worse when it's run to the max on case-fill. I have no idea where that lands on the 22 Creed for 73 AH's.