.22-250

I tried to shoot those bullets out of a 26" barreled 22-250 ackley and it would only stabilize about 1 out of 5 bullets even running them pretty **** fast.

The 55 gr and maybe a few 60 gr bullets is about the best your gonna be able to do with a 1-14 twist.
But you may be lucky and your gun will like them give it a go and see , generaly I've found that alot of guys will offer to send you a few bullets to try if you ask nicely.
Also the H-380 might be a little fast for that bullet weight H-414 or Varget may be a better choice.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi
i am looking to load the .22-250 with some Hornady 69HPBT in my Styer SGG with 1-14 twist do you think it will stabilise with this twist rate?I will use H380 has anybody got a starting poad to suit the above bullet/powder combo?

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

This bullet need a 9" twist to stabilize.

Here is the notes from the MidwayUSA site -

"Sectional Density: .196
Ballistic Coefficient:
# .317 under 2200 fps
# .301 above 2800 fps

Notes:
# Designed for use in barrels with a twist rate of 1 in 7" to 1 in 10". Will not stabilize adequately in barrels with a slower twist rate."

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.