22-250

tommyc279

I released a post earlier about which cal. 223 or 22-250! well i went with a svage model 12 in 22-250 with a 1-9" twist, accu trigger topped off with bushnell 3200 10x with mil dots! I will begin to reload but i have a coyote trip coming up in one week and was wondering which good factory loads to begin with for some long range dogs!!! also anything i can do quickly to increase the accuracy of this rifle before the trip! Already dropped the trigger to about 1.5 lbs!!! Once again love the web site and thank you to everyone that is taken this newbie under their wing!!!

I don't shoot factory shells any more, just that if you want to increase the accuracy of your rifle shoot it and shoot it some more. Get a fill for the rifle, I think then you should be able to answer your own question as to see what shells shoot out of it and what does not.

Congrats on your new rifle. I have a 22-250 1:9 twist Savage LRPV. 75gr. AMAX, H4831SC, & Rem 9 1/2 primers is what it likes.
Semper Fi

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.