22/250 with rl26

H4831 is simply the "Go Too" accurate alternative. Not the fastest.
I myself consider H4831 the worst offering from Hodgdon in their extreme powders. Not saying it cannot be accurate, but lot to lot consistencies it is the worst on record for me. And God forbid if you open a jug and let it sit idle for a couple yrs and revisit it, burn rate has changed.

I myself consider H4831 the worst offering from Hodgdon in their extreme powders. Not saying it cannot be accurate, but lot to lot consistencies it is the worst on record for me. And God forbid if you open a jug and let it sit idle for a couple yrs and revisit it, burn rate has changed.
That's not been my experience. I have an 8lb jug that's been in my cabinet for probably 10 years and no issues. 600 yard shooting has been excellent with a 6.5-284. can't speak for it in a 22-250 as I use several other choices. My comment was pertaining to use in other cartridges.

I have seen the lot to lot difference. My first jug my .7g more then then my current jug. I haven't been lucky enough yet to find an 8lb keg.

That's not been my experience. I have an 8lb jug that's been in my cabinet for probably 10 years and no issues. 600 yard shooting has been excellent with a 6.5-284. can't speak for it in a 22-250 as I use several other choices. My comment was pertaining to use in other cartridges.
I wasn't singling you out or saying your experiences are incorrect. My opinion of a powder. If that 8lb jug had been opened and sat for 10 yrs with no change in performance, from my experience, I consider you lucky.

I wasn't singling you out or saying your experiences are incorrect. My opinion of a powder. If that 8lb jug had been opened and sat for 10 yrs with no change in performance, from my experience, I consider you lucky.
Nope was just remarking how happy I've been. Nothing bad to say...Yet. Could change tho. I've just been lucky if that's been a trend for you with it. Either way H4350 has been almost identical and so has RL23 in both the 6.5s and 22-250AI.

OK, I finally got to work on my 22-250AI and RL 26. Good news! It's Fast!
Shooting Berger 70 gr VLDs I got to 3725 before primers started to flatten and I quit. No ejector marks or tight bolt.
Next is shooting groups. 3603 to 3690 shot in a ragged hole. Now I just need a calm day to test 😜

OK, I finally got to work on my 22-250AI and RL 26. Good news! It's Fast!
Shooting Berger 70 gr VLDs I got to 3725 before primers started to flatten and I quit. No ejector marks or tight bolt.
Next is shooting groups. 3603 to 3690 shot in a ragged hole. Now I just need a calm day to test 😜
Thats stuff works great in 22/250 220 swift 22 creed. Sounds like Ai also

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.