Need help with velocity 22-250

I've been trying to workout the ballistics of my hand loads without actually having to shoot hundreds of rounds but this is hard to do without a chronograph.
I'm shooting a 26 inch bull barrel, 36g imr 3031, and a 52 grain hornady A-max. Does anyone know what muzzle velocity this should be getting? I've been reading about other 3031 loads and it would seem this load is really hot, but no neck cracking and extremely accurate.
Thanks for any help

There are too many variables in guessing velocity -"your" rifle might have a fast barrel or a slow -even medium laf.

Look at your powder manufacturers website -see what they say about that charge w/ the 52gr bullets.Or go to reloadernest and root arond for some info on the bullet/powder charge combo.

You can play around on this site External Ballistics Calculator get all your info plugged in -velocity -altitude -bullet weight etc. and it will get you very close with your drop sheet 'dope'.
Then go out and verify "your" real world ballistics.

I've had great results with Varget. It's proven to be very reliable in cold weather even when I've set my zero in much warmer weather. Although, my rifle likes the loads hot as well.

After a ladder test I ended up at 36.7 grains behind a 50gr. v-max. It screams out at 3870, and I can't imagine what it's doing to my throat, but it doesn't see THAT many rounds. Besides, it gives me .75" groups at 235yds. :)

my 22-250loved 36 grains of varget with 55 grain nosler bt....consistant groups of 1/2 inch at 200 yrds running at 3710 to 3725 in a 26 inch barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.