22-250 loads with Win. 760

Tnwhip

I have got a Rem 700sps 22-250 and was wonering if anybody has been reoading with Win 760. I have lots of Varget, H4895, and IMR 4064 but I also have 9 lbs of Win.760 that I bought before Obama got elected the first time and have not loaded it much in anything. I saw some loads in the loading manuels but was wondering if anyone has used that powder?

When I was first developing a load for my 22-250 I tried Win760 along with several other powders (H380, Varget, Superformance, IMR4895). My personal experience with the Win was not good relative to the others - accuracy was sub-par and velocity was average. That said, I didn't get H380 to shoot great either and that is supposedly THE powder for 22-250.

Varget gave me the best results, with IMR 4895 a close second shooting 50gr blitzkings.

Hope you can get it to shoot in yours. If not, maybe "O" will sponsor a buy back in a city near you and you can trade that powder for some new sneaks or a gift card . . .

I'm shooting 39.0 gr. 760 in my savage striker pistol with 50 grain varmint nightmare bullets and a 210. Sub moa for 5 shot 100 yard groups. With a 55gr. fmj I shoot start loads of 4895 for a nice mild sub moa load that dup's a 223 in the short barrel the pistol has.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts