22-250 for deer?

Don't Apologize, The 260 and the creed are ballistics Twins.

J E CUSTOM
Not apologizing!! True to about 600 to 700yds, but then Creed begins to separate from its twin because of the ability to load longer, higher BC bullets. Don't own a 6.5 Creed and don't want to. Just expect more from J E Custom and less animosity towards Creedmoor calibers. Frankly, my most recent custom built 6MM Creedmoor, shooting Hornady A-Tip(110gr), has become the best shooting rifle I have ever owned in 55 years. Just saying.

Not apologizing!! True to about 600 to 700yds, but then Creed begins to separate from its twin because of the ability to load longer, higher BC bullets. Don't own a 6.5 Creed and don't want to. Just expect more from J E Custom and less animosity towards Creedmoor calibers. Frankly, my most recent custom built 6MM Creedmoor, shooting Hornady A-Tip(110gr), has become the best shooting rifle I have ever owned in 55 years. Just saying.

No animosity, Just saying.

There are no cartridges that I don't like just some that I don't have because they don't best the ones i Have. All cartridges can be accurate If loaded right. and performance is effected by the load not the cartridge name.

J E CUSTOM

IMG_2211.JPG

A lot of discussion about 224 bullets being to small, too low penetration, inadequate size, etc for varied deer sized game at reasonable distances, so of the above bullets, which is unsuitable for deer and why?

No animosity, Just saying.

There are no cartridges that I don't like just some that I don't have because they don't best the ones i Have. All cartridges can be accurate If loaded right. and performance is effected by the load not the cartridge name.

J E CUSTOM
I do agree. I hope I was making that point. Bullet tech has improved so much in the last decade, that some of the newer calibers seem to be more effective in shooting the longer and higher BC bullets, which in turn aides the long range hunter. I think that keeps this long range hunting forum, different from others; a fun, learning site!

if the shot is off the deer will run off and you may never find him

This applies to every caliber. A poor shot with a TSX and a Loudenboomer isn't going to make up for it.

Pick what you want, buy a well loaded centerfire rifle used within it's limitations works well. The excuse of shooting through brush is a poor one. All bullets deflect through brush, even the .30-30 & .45-70.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.