215gr Berger Hybrids

How many here found their "sweet spot" with an actual seating depth test? I'm convinced +/- 10 thou won't make a lick of difference in a hunting rifle... especially under normal conditions.

How many here found their "sweet spot" with an actual seating depth test? I'm convinced +/- 10 thou won't make a lick of difference in a hunting rifle... especially under normal conditions.
I ran a ladder w/ N570 89-94gr in 0.4gr incriments, I had a flat spot @ 3150fps that was from 92.2-93.4 in charge weight. I picked mid load @ 92.7 did a seating depth test from 0.015 off to 0.048 off in 0.003" incriments, and you'll def see where the bullet likes to sit, no doubt about it.

I started at 30 off and worked up to pressure/speed I wanted. Then I was done. May of got lucky but it shoots so good I didn't try a different seating depth.

Thanks for all the responses, like I said upfront, we are .030" off from the start due to magazine length. Top that that off with winter winds here, finding the time and conditions to do any testing has been a pain in the rear.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.