210's in 300wsm

diderr

will a 210 berger stabilize in a 1-10 twist? I have a 24" barrel now, but I might replace it soon for a longer one like a 29".
thanks,

+1, i have a friend that set a world record in 1k with that combo and he told me an 11 twist was the ticket. a 10 should have no problems.

yep...Berger recommends a 1 in 11

will a 210 berger stabilize in a 1-10 twist? I have a 24" barrel now, but I might replace it soon for a longer one like a 29".
thanks,

I use that twist and consistently get 1/2 MOA using a Berger 210 VLD and a 10 twist Krieger...Here is what Berger recommends
30 cal 210 gr Match VLD 0.308 210 0.631 11 twist 308210V (part number)
As I understand it there is no ballistic downside to a slightly faster twist than needed to stabilize a bullet as long as you have good bullets which won't fly apart , such as Bergers....30-338 buena suerte!

the 210 vld's are a great bullet to shoot. I use 66 grns of 4831SC and they consistantly, shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. the only downfall of this bullet right now is the availability. in my area of residence they are hard to find right now. if you can get them use them. i now shoot the 185 grn berger vld's due to availability and they shoot tremendously well also.

the 210 vld's are a great bullet to shoot. I use 66 grns of 4831SC and they consistantly, shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. the only downfall of this bullet right now is the availability. in my area of residence they are hard to find right now. if you can get them use them. i now shoot the 185 grn berger vld's due to availability and they shoot tremendously well also.

what velocity are you getting w/ that load?

Do you know what your velocity is for the 210 load?

Ive been using 190 bergers with great results on paper using 4831sc.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.