Browning A bolt 2 in 300wsm

cocked

I Have heard from two guys that the Browning A bolt2 in 300WSM shoots excellent right out of the box... both guys have told me they got one ragged hole at 100 yards without much load developement.. Anybody else out there shoot this gun? Would love your input before I buy another rifle!

Regards,
Dan

bruce hanson

Cocked

I have one (300WSM), but I wouldn't say it shoots one ragged hole. It shoots factory into about.8 inch. The best is 180 Nosler Partition with 68 grains of R19. Not fast 2930 fps. It also shoots the Hornady 150 SST with 70 grains of R19. Both of these bullets will do .4 inches. I have a leupold tacticle scope on it and feel confident for deer to 600 yards. It is picky about powder and bullets. Other combinations open up to and inch even 1.5 inches. I carried it for elk in Montana this fall, nice and light compared to my Sendero in 300 win mag. The Sendero goes under a .25 inch if I do my job. I consider my 300 WSM kind of a poor shooter, but it was my 32 wedding aniversary present so I'll be keeping it. Good enough for a light rifle I guess.

clg9mm

I have one with the BOSS on it. Nice light and shoots better than .5 moa with handloads and .75-1 moa with factory. More than adequate for poking holes in deer out to 500 or so.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce