20ga buckshot help

Try 40 yds and see what happens , you are only 75 ft. try imp choke or skeet choke , remember that a shot string is long and has to leave the wad before it starts to open up . Look for your wad and go 1/2 back to the muzzle and that will be close to wad ,shot seperation. #4 buck should pattern better than #00. People don't realize that the shot string will change in flight , at a certain distance the shot in the bottom of the wad will reach the target first due to drafting and gravity. Good luck!

Tungsten Super Shot.... you won't believe it until you use it !

I have been a tried and true cooper plated guy my whole life and seen no reason to change. I got some TSS for wife's turkey gun to give her more pellets on target. I was wowed with the results and energy on target with the TSS. Smaller shot typically has better patterns and the extra weight translates to devastating results compared to lead. Made me a believer

Thanks

Buck

In my Remington double ought buck lucky if I got 2 or 3 pellets in the kill zone #4 buck patterned night and day better for me 100% percent difference.

Can't remember the brand off the top of my head but I bought a buckshot specific choke for my tavor and it made a world of difference. I know not 20 but I was also struggling to get a decent group. I'll see if I can find what one I got.

We used #4 out of the plane and chopper and were at farther then 25 yards with it . I personally liked #4 buck shot better then #4 shot (BB's ) . something like 29 vers 127 pellets , 20 " barrel with modified choke . It's all interesting and things to learn . It seemed that the #4 buck shot had more knockdown power at the ranges we were at even with the fewer pellets but they got to be hard to find and then cost prohibitive so #4 shot was then our go to .
#4 shot is not BB size if that is what you are implying. BB size is in between #2 size shot and T size shot, all of which are in between #4 shot and #4 buck.

I've found that #4 buck works well for me with a turkey choke on predators. I like the 3" 41 pellet loads as I get more pellets on a paper plate at 35 yards compared to the 2 ³/⁴ 27 pellet loads.

But I agree with other when you get larger than #4 buckshot, you need a more open choke.

nope we used all 3 sizes my favorite was and is #4 buck shot but at that time it was easier to find #4 shot . .240 , .180 and .130 dia .

This got me thinking since I load for #4,6 and #7 1/2 shot for this 20ga. Maybe I should try loading my own buckshot loads. After little research seems like using 3" hull, BP wad PT2092 and their OB20 seal,buffer and guess #4 buck.

Any one with experience to share doing this.

Thanks