new caller help

wc870

Well its time.. I have a perfectly good Foxpro FX5 with the old TX 200 transmitter/remote, problem is I can't see the **** thing anymore without reading glasses. I'm looking for some input as to which caller has the easiest to see remote. large text and good lighting for night time are a must. I have had good luck with my Foxpro and would lean towards another but I haven't seen the new remotes in person just pics online. are there any others that are better or comparable ? thanks in advance guys

I had the same problem a few years ago went with another foxpro with the tx1000 remote. It was good for a couple of years but the eyes got worse and I just bit the bullet and wear the **** glasses. I would get lasix but I'm not a candidate for it.

Best caller I've used looked the cheapest and didn't even have a lighted remote.
Wildlife tech is what I believe it was called. Simply amazing sounds and worked fantastic. Didn't help you but just tossing it out.

I had the same problem a few years ago went with another with the tx1000 remote. It was good for a couple of years but the eyes got worse and I just bit the bullet and wear the **** glasses. I would get lasix but I'm not a candidate for it.
Is the tx1000 at least intuitive? ( not sure if thats the right word) My tv cable remote is layed out with raised buttons that are pretty different so I don't even have to look at it anymore, my thumb has learned to navigate it well. I'm sure I'll need real glasses soon, far away vision is still 20/20 and just fine, anything inside arms length not so much.

Best caller I've used looked the cheapest and didn't even have a lighted remote.
Wildlife tech is what I believe it was called. Simply amazing sounds and worked fantastic. Didn't help you but just tossing it out.
I will look into that,

Well its time.. I have a perfectly good Foxpro FX5 with the old TX 200 transmitter/remote, problem is I can't see the **** thing anymore without reading glasses. I'm looking for some input as to which caller has the easiest to see remote. large text and good lighting for night time are a must. I have had good luck with my Foxpro and would lean towards another but I haven't seen the new remotes in person just pics online. are there any others that are better or comparable ? thanks in advance guys
Not trying to sound like a Tard but deal with the issue and not putting a bandaid on it. The unit isn't the problem, your eyes are. Get glasses and move on. I started with readers and went to script glasses. Made a huge difference. I was in denial for 5 years doing the same crap trying to fix my eye problems with changing products before running out of options. Eyes got so bad I had no choice. Wish I'd have done it Waaaay sooner. Sorry not an answer you were seeking but just trying to keep it real. It's inevitable your eyes will keep getting worse.

I sold all my electronics years ago to return to hand calls. Much lighter when Mobil and I can change on the fly much easier. My success increased and so did my desire to hunt with alot less gear. I only hunt the mating season anymore as calling is nearly impossible during other seasons in my state. Yotes are hunted and run hard here. Breeding season sometimes almost makes it unfair.

Ok, so i'm not a tard either, I've been to the eye doctor and don't need glasses yet, but I know I will soon. certainly not in denial. I use mouth calls all the time with great success paired with my e-caller. just looking for input on remotes, thanks. the tx200 remote that came with the FX5 was hard to see and not user friendly 15 years ago, so I'm sure any of the new ones will be a vast improvement .

Ok, so i'm not a tard either, I've been to the eye doctor and don't need glasses yet, but I know I will soon. certainly not in denial. I use mouth calls all the time with great success paired with my e-caller. just looking for input on remotes, thanks. the tx200 remote that came with the FX5 was hard to see and not user friendly 15 years ago, so I'm sure any of the new ones will be a vast improvement .
Well that's good. Hope you can find a remedy in a newer caller or model. I can't stand wearing glasses for up close reading and vision. They fog up and I can't use them with a scope. I wear mine 90% of the time cause I need them alot. Just not for shooting or longer range vision or driving. I'm sure you'll find a fix. You'll definitely know when it's time.

I'm patiently waiting for my eyes to get bad enough for lasik. I'm right on the edge of needing anything to see so it bugs me. Eyes haven't got worse in 20 years so I doubt I'll ever get it.

Is the tx1000 at least intuitive? ( not sure if thats the right word) My tv cable remote is layed out with raised buttons that are pretty different so I don't even have to look at it anymore, my thumb has learned to navigate it well. I'm sure I'll need real glasses soon, far away vision is still 20/20 and just fine, anything inside arms length not so much.
It is well laid out and you can certainly go by memory/feel on the buttons. There are also several presets available too, but at some point you will have to read the screen

If you are at the point where you need to wear readers then you can get a pair made that has the reading magnification in the bottom of the lens and no magnification in the upper part of the lens and they aren't that expensive . Look at a site called ZENNI .COM you can get them for around 100.00 dollars vers what a new call will cost unless you just want a new call .