new caller help

Well its time.. I have a perfectly good Foxpro FX5 with the old TX 200 transmitter/remote, problem is I can't see the **** thing anymore without reading glasses. I'm looking for some input as to which caller has the easiest to see remote. large text and good lighting for night time are a must. I have had good luck with my Foxpro and would lean towards another but I haven't seen the new remotes in person just pics online. are there any others that are better or comparable ? thanks in advance guys
I have a Foxpro Hellfire that I have the same problem with the remote.Just bought the Foxpro Shockwave with the T-1000 remote.Don't need readers on stand anymore

If you are at the point where you need to wear readers then you can get a pair made that has the reading magnification in the bottom of the lens and no magnification in the upper part of the lens and they aren't that expensive . Look at a site called ZENNI .COM you can get them for around 100.00 dollars vers what a new call will cost unless you just want a new call .
I will check that out fore sure, kinda want a new call too

I have a Foxpro Hellfire that I have the same problem with the remote.Just bought the Foxpro Shockwave with the T-1000 remote.Don't need readers on stand anymore.
Thank you, thats the info I was looking for, also one of the calls I was considering too, here in CT I don't have to blast calls across a long range like the out west guys but sometimes felt like the FX5 was lacking a time or two.

Where I live I don't have a lot of trees till I get in the mountains and I can hear coyotes talk at a couple of miles with the right atmospheric conditions even farther . If I can hear them that far they can hear my calling with a normal level of volume even farther . I do have a lot of hills , draws and rough country .

I believe the shockwave is probably the best call out there, at least the old ones. I've had mine since 2013 and it's been abused, still works like brand new. The tx1000 has brightness settings and three different modes so you can see it easily. I have contemplated the Xwave, but not sure it will be as good.
My buddy has the lucky duck revolt but the display on the remote isn't as good as the tx1000 to me.

As for the eyes, mine went at 42, had to start wearing glasses. A few years ago I began wearing contacts. Best things ever. Now at 51 I can hunt beside my 19 year old just as good as him. No fogging and you can't misplace them.

Good luck, you won't go wrong with the shockwave and, I believe all predator might have em on sale. If you do, I'd advise getting the fox pro battery pack and a back up to go with it. It will eat 2a batteries.

Well its time.. I have a perfectly good Foxpro FX5 with the old TX 200 transmitter/remote, problem is I can't see the **** thing anymore without reading glasses. I'm looking for some input as to which caller has the easiest to see remote. large text and good lighting for night time are a must. I have had good luck with my Foxpro and would lean towards another but I haven't seen the new remotes in person just pics online. are there any others that are better or comparable ? thanks in advance guys
Well for starters, I am probably older than most if not all of you. I have run into the issues you are describing many years ago and like you fought the vision thing tooth and nail. I lost. Mother nature can really be a Bitch at times and vision as one ages is one of them. I gave up shooting iron sights over the National Match Course when I could no longer see to use a FRAME HOLD at 600 yards. Glasses were no help. There is no reason to have to throw away a good Fox Pro simply because you can't read the instructions. Bite the bullet and go get glasses. When you order the glasses make sure that the Optometrist knows that you need to know the exact distance, eye to front sight that you need to focus as. In my case as well as others it's 26 inches and works for both handgun and rifle sights too. Everyone is different so make sure you check. OK sometimes even with glasses things are still fuzzy, don't be afraid to pull out a magnifying glass. Would you rather be able to read the instructions and know what you are doing or just guess? I'm old, Im Blonde and I have to admit I'm a bit vain. I like to look good but I also have no issue about pulling a magnifying glass out of my purse to read the, "Fine Print."

Recent Posts