208gr.Amax load advice

gohring3006

I thinking of going to the 208grAmax for my 30/06 I was wondering if they like to be jammed or jumped I hope I can jump them so I can load my magazine (3.34in) if not no big deal and was wondering about powders I have good luck with imr4350 and 200gr. Smks, good accuracy with good velocity. I don't need the highest velocity but I'm after accuracy, although I want the highest I can get with the best accuracy. Any thoughts,secrets, and tricks would be appreciated, I hope I can return the favor sometime thanks
Bill Gohring.

I'm way off the lands with my .300win mag. . Just do a seating depth test and let your rifle tell you.

I'm glad to hear everybody is giving them a jump, I wanted to find a load that would fit in my mag but I rarely load it but I like having the option....
thanks..

Start with a COAL of 3.34 and change your seating depth based on the feedback your rifle gives you.

As for powders, look at H4831SC and with such a big bullet you might even try H1000. IMR or H4350 are probably too fast for such a heavy bullet.

I seated them to function in my 30-06 magazine.

I didn't get too great of velocity out of my 22 inch barrel, but precision was great and the bullets cut wind so well, I really didn't mind the slower speed.

Last edited:
I seated them to function in my 30-06 magazine.

I didn't get too great of velocity out of my 22 inch barrel, but precision was great and the bullets cut wind so well, I really didn't mind the slower speed.
I'm glad to hear that they might work in my mag I would sacrifice a little velocity for accuracy any day..
thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts