.204 Ruger for coyotes…

There has been some that have lost coyotes in our area with the 32 grain Vmax on an angled shoulder blade shot, but I have never lost one with the 39 SBK, it will poke right thru the blade. Most body shots are bang flop! The plastic tip so also the hollow point underneath on the 39 SBK is larger than the 40 Vmax bullet.. my experience with it is, for killing coyotes and minimal fur damage, it is just what I need.
I am seeing 204 ruger brass showing up everywhere here.
Wish Lapua made .204 Brass. We use Nosler and it is $$$

You guys that shoot .204's…please tell me some stories about your guns, barrels/lengths , bullets, powders, and velocities….what are your limitations? Thanks
Back to the OP's question on rifles - I'm interested to know what folks are running for 204 factory rifles. I just started looking, would like to find something I can get to 1/2 moa either out of the box or with minor modifications like replacing a stock or trigger. What are the best factory options out there in 204 Ruger?

Not typical rig but my Encore barrel is easy under 1/2 MOA, I did change trigger spring. Hard to find Encore actions though nowadays.

I shoot a 17-204, simple neck down. Bought a couple hundred Reed's 32gr HPBT and still working through them. Using ramshot Big Game I'm getting 4100 fps with a .301 advertised bc bullet. Conservatively it's a .29. I've killed coyotes out to 400, they can start to run a little after 300 but under that it is like the hammer of Thor!

Savage 16 stainless, 22" pipe
Encore ProHunter 28" pipe
32gr Vmax Fiocchi Factory, I got a deal on a 1000 rounds I couldn't pass up when I bought the Savage.

.204 will do just fine. I own 4 of them (along with pretty much every other caliber mentioned, and then some!) I hunt with my .204's 99% of the time. I, like most have had great success with the 35gr Bergers and 39gr Sierra's. Do your job and the rifle/bullet will do theirs..

Savage 16 stainless, 22" pipe
Encore ProHunter 28" pipe
32gr Vmax Fiocchi Factory, I got a deal on a 1000 rounds I couldn't pass up when I bought the Savage.
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of the Savage? I see they make one with a 22" barrel , threaded for suppressor and has the quick change barrel feature. But do they shoot tiny groups?

TC Venture 204 ruger 22 inch 1@10 twist barrel. Shooting a 1/2 group. Mine is the predator model. Using a berger 35gr hp. Playing around with berger 40gr. Using 28 gr of H4895 and a 35gr berger. I went from a 22 250 and 22 250AI to a 204. I carry mine every day in the truck. I have killed several hogs with it.