Opinions on savage 204 Ruger for Coyotes

I just traded my savage .223 for a Remington 700 .204, finally got to shoot it today before goin huntin, was very sceptical of using it for deer but after my wife dropped a doe at 290-300 yards with a 10-15mph wind I was surprised(its now her gun)....32 grain vmax went through the shoulder, exploded the heart and dropped her in her tracks....id say it should work very well for yotes....

I just traded my savage .223 for a Remington 700 .204, finally got to shoot it today before goin huntin, was very sceptical of using it for deer but after my wife dropped a doe at 290-300 yards with a 10-15mph wind I was surprised(its now her gun)....32 grain vmax went through the shoulder, exploded the heart and dropped her in her tracks....id say it should work very well for yotes....

Man.... What state do you live in that allows for something smaller the a .224 sized bullet for deer? I may need to go hunt there.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.