Is the 204 ruger big enough for coyote hunting

Outlaw, check this out: Fur Loads

The 35 berger seems to be just about right for calling distances at 204 velocities while, usually, being easy on fur.

i have been hunting about 42 or 3 yrs. and killed close to 2000 coyotes,before the 17.rem came out i shot them all with 52.gr.HPBT match bullets sierra and hornady.and if you didn't hit them just right you got to sew more than you wanted.the 17. rem and 25 and 30gr. berger bullets changed that, very very few needed sewing and the did more internal damage.coyotes that would run 100yds when shot in the lungs with the 52.gr. bullets dropped in their tracks so i would think the 204.would do close to the same thing. i shoot 40gr bergers in my 223 and 52.gr. in my 22-250.

.204 is the perfect cal. for coyotes. However stay away from the the ballistic tips. It will be just a matter of time before you have a bad shoulder shot and lose the dog. 35gr Bergers are the cats meow for yotes.

The fun thing about shooting a .204 is you youy get to see your hit through the glass. :D PRICELESS IMHO

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.