2024 tags already here

WOOHOO,
Mailperson just delivered my Idaho Sportsman's tags, already have my elk, deer, black bear, mt. lion, turkey, wolf and my 2 pole fishing. They also sent a letter of apology that they were a little late this year... Gotta love Idaho!!!

By saying WOOHOO I imagine that that excitement is because you draw LE tags? I can't imagine they've already drawn them...? Or is it that they sent you the over the counter tags that all can purchase?

It's not horrible but there's definitely a percentage that doesn't like non-residents and some make it more known. I've lived in Idaho and honestly some residents are just as bad or worse than non-residents when it comes to taking other spots or leaving litter behind.
We are tired of people coming in behind us on ATV's when it's clear someone is parked at a gate and walked in. There's nothing more frustrating!
This should be mentioned in the F&G hand book as a unwritten ethics violation to other hunters.
We only use our machines to get game out (when permissable) or pack it out if not.
A little courtesy goes a long ways with us N.Idaho folks

By saying WOOHOO I imagine that that excitement is because you draw LE tags? I can't imagine they've already drawn them...? Or is it that they sent you the over the counter tags that all can purchase?
They are OTC but non-resident tags are limited and sell out very quickly. It is a little challenging.
We are tired of people coming in behind us on ATV's when it's clear someone is parked at a gate and walked in. There's nothing more frustrating!
This should be mentioned in the F&G hand book as a unwritten ethics violation to other hunters.
We only use our machines to get game out (when permissable) or pack it out if not.
A little courtesy goes a long ways with us N.Idaho folks
I hear ya Jack. I agree 100%. But this is happening to residents and non-residents alike. Not everyone uses their machines in the same manner you do though. I always walk and in a day I'll have 20 plus residents pass me on their SxS. Especially in the CDA mountains đź‘Ť. Everyone needs to be courtesy and if someone's wrong. Just admit it and move on. Love N. Idaho!

On my 30th birthday my wife bought me a lifetime hunting license for Alabama. Even if I move to another state its still good to go. At the time it was $150.00, Now it's on a sliding scale for your age. Highest price is about $700 for very young kids. Now I'm so old I'm not required to have a license for anything, except for driving.🤔
Me too!!!

They are OTC but non-resident tags are limited and sell out very quickly. It is a little challenging.

I hear ya Jack. I agree 100%. But this is happening to residents and non-residents alike. Not everyone uses their machines in the same manner you do though. I always walk and in a day I'll have 20 plus residents pass me on their SxS. Especially in the CDA mountains đź‘Ť. Everyone needs to be courtesy and if someone's wrong. Just admit it and move on. Love N. Idaho!
St. Maries here, we go hunt plan B when we see a rig parked at a gate.
Plan B can also be going out to another gate and walking in to a spot and letting them push to you. There's advantages to knowing the country, I've shot scads of deer and a few elk using this tactic.

How is Idaho for non-residents ?
Idaho used to be fairly friendly for non-residents. Not so much as of 2 years ago. Now non-residents have to log into a virtual room December 1 and basically stand in line and hope when your number is up, there are still tags available for the unit you wish to hunt. My son, who is a non-resident, logged into the room this past December about 45 minutes ahead of the required time and there were over 30,000 applicants ahead of him. Needless to say, he didn't get the tag he wanted. 2 reasons contributed to that. Idaho has gone to the 90-10 rule, and secondly, the state reduced the number of tags due to last years' winter kill.

Wow that is late. It was a mess this year. I went in and got a few extra wolf tags and duplicate lion. Got my physical license a few weeks ago. Never seen them this far behind but its the times we live in here is Idafornia.
yup Brent, really s l o w this year but gotta still give em credit bro, they're WAY better than most!!!