2024 tags already here

It's not horrible but there's definitely a percentage that doesn't like non-residents and some make it more known. I've lived in Idaho and honestly some residents are just as bad or worse than non-residents when it comes to taking other spots or leaving litter behind.
That is true, we've actually had guys on side by sides drive through our camp and keep going... I HATE those things... Mother Nature gave ya two legs for a reason!!!!

By saying WOOHOO I imagine that that excitement is because you draw LE tags? I can't imagine they've already drawn them...? Or is it that they sent you the over the counter tags that all can purchase?
Yup just the fact that they arrived in 2 feet of snow and I didn't have to go out for em and it's a LOCK.... We have had in the past OTC tags sell out...

Idaho used to be fairly friendly for non-residents. Not so much as of 2 years ago. Now non-residents have to log into a virtual room December 1 and basically stand in line and hope when your number is up, there are still tags available for the unit you wish to hunt. My son, who is a non-resident, logged into the room this past December about 45 minutes ahead of the required time and there were over 30,000 applicants ahead of him. Needless to say, he didn't get the tag he wanted. 2 reasons contributed to that. Idaho has gone to the 90-10 rule, and secondly, the state reduced the number of tags due to last years' winter kill.
you say this like it's a bad thing LOL.... just pokin ya.. We're very fortunate here as residents, best in the west!!!

must be lucky or it's easy to get tags in Idaho
WOOHOO,
Mailperson just delivered my Idaho Sportsman's tags, already have my elk, deer, black bear, mt. lion, turkey, wolf and my 2 pole fishing. They also sent a letter of apology that they were a little late this year... Gotta love Idaho!!!

WOOHOO,
Mailperson just delivered my Idaho Sportsman's tags, already have my elk, deer, black bear, mt. lion, turkey, wolf and my 2 pole fishing. They also sent a letter of apology that they were a little late this year... Gotta love Idaho!!!
Congratulations you must be lucky or it's easy to draw in Idaho. We here in Wyoming haven't put in yet! Bear, Mnt. Lion, and Turkey are pretty much over the counter and where I live Wolves are predators and can be taken without a license like coyotes. And I don't have to ever buy another Fishing, Conservation, Small Game and Bird License as I'm old enough to get a Pioneer License 65 years old and have been in state for 30 years! Well Good luck and stay safe!

Alabama gets a small flood of non residents come in during January. Season last through February 10th in most of the state, so hunters from the North and east come here for late season. There is a group of people wanting to have a license price that is equal to what it cost to a non residents license for the state you are coming from. I really like this idea.

We are tired of people coming in behind us on ATV's when it's clear someone is parked at a gate and walked in. There's nothing more frustrating!
This should be mentioned in the F&G hand book as a unwritten ethics violation to other hunters.
We only use our machines to get game out (when permissable) or pack it out if not.
A little courtesy goes a long ways with us N.Idaho folks
Heck, that isn't Idaho, Thats everywhere!

That is true, we've actually had guys on side by sides drive through our camp and keep going... I HATE those things... Mother Nature gave ya two legs for a reason!!!!
IMO, side by sides are one of the worst things to happen to public land in the last 30 years. Absolutely despise them. Personally I would like to see more roads and trails closed to motorized traffic altogether during the hunting season. Walk or pedal your arses in, or don't.