2024 tags already here

Good for you!! Epic list.
I hope to hear some good news in 108 days or so...
But who is counting??
Best of luck, is that for New York or another state?? We have an AWESOME tag system here for residents, non-res not so much... My tag list is the standard Sportsman's package for like 145.00 can't beat it!!!

NY has healthy resident seasons. 6-7 weeks for WT smoke pole and rifle. You may take a buck or bear...just finding one is the trick! (Northern zone)

I have applied for elk for my countdown.
Myself and everyone that spends money on hunting licenses, sorry to say gives money to governor LOCO. In turn making things hard for sportsman's to even enjoy.

I must say that NY is consistent with dates, bag limits and is easy to read and follow, unlike PA.

I used to buy all the tags and game licenses as possible. Now it's a need type base.
Don't want to feed the dog that bites!
So far only one tag cost under 30.00 that produced a nice eight point
Cheapest year ever so far

WOOHOO,
Mailperson just delivered my Idaho Sportsman's tags, already have my elk, deer, black bear, mt. lion, turkey, wolf and my 2 pole fishing. They also sent a letter of apology that they were a little late this year... Gotta love Idaho!!!
Congratulations sir. thank you for posting this. I am greatly enjoying reading the responses.

I think I need to retire to Idaho.
A little clarification regarding the Idaho Sportsman's package. You don't actually get a deer and elk tag per se, but an invoice indicating that you have paid for it. It doesn't in any way guarantee you will draw a controlled hunt tag, however you can get an OTC deer and/or elk but have to wait for the second chance drawing to conclude (usually around August 15). And, if you wait too long (like I did last year), you may miss out on the OTC tag of your choice as tag quotas were reduced significantly in certain elk zones.

WOOHOO,
Mailperson just delivered my Idaho Sportsman's tags, already have my elk, deer, black bear, mt. lion, turkey, wolf and my 2 pole fishing. They also sent a letter of apology that they were a little late this year... Gotta love Idaho!!!
Wow that is late. It was a mess this year. I went in and got a few extra wolf tags and duplicate lion. Got my physical license a few weeks ago. Never seen them this far behind but its the times we live in here is Idafornia.

WOOHOO,
"2 pole fishing"
Please elaborate, license per pole?

On my 30th birthday my wife bought me a lifetime hunting license for Alabama. Even if I move to another state its still good to go. At the time it was $150.00, Now it's on a sliding scale for your age. Highest price is about $700 for very young kids. Now I'm so old I'm not required to have a license for anything, except for driving.🤔

Last edited: