2024 Powder Shortage

How many here run a company and have seen their prices go down???
Electricity is up
Chemicals are up
Labor is way up
Benefits/health insurance is up
Vehicles cost more
Property and liability insurance is up

I guess gas went down lately, so there's that...
I know that the prices are up and will buy what I can, problem is that particular powders in certain parts of the country are almost nonexistent but the fact that large rifle magnum primers can't seem to be available anywhere is troubling. Regular large rifle primers are very hard to find

I know that the prices are up and will buy what I can, problem is that particular powders in certain parts of the country are almost nonexistent but the fact that large rifle magnum primers can't seem to be available anywhere is troubling. Regular large rifle primers are very hard to find

They are out there. Just got to dig around. The only company on this list I vouch for is Grafs.

Now, where can I find some more N560??? lol

Grafs has 1lb'ers in stock.

Mile High is showing they have 8lb'ers.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You are seeing other raise prices so you have to raise prices. They are raising your prices because they can. There was an article written about Huggies diapers, these huge corporations are doing this to the little guys because they can. Their costs dropped by tens of millions but then why did they raise prices on their products to match the 6% inflation if inflation didn't affect prices. There's an article called "greedflation" check it out.
I am curious. Do you own or run a business of any appreciable size? My business uses hundreds of products to operate and maintain the facility and grounds, but it isn't just material products that have gone up or are in short supply, it is everything that is required to operate my business. Electric, nat gas, fuels, taxes, 10 insurances, wages, employee benefits, state and federal mandates, license fees, etc, etc,etc. "Total Labor" costs are about 67% of my overall monthly expenses, and over the past 3 years, we saw labor costs increase 40-50%.

As I stated earlier, my budgets have over 200 line items that cover hundreds of items, so with nearly all those having increases, some huge, there is no way the business could nor can survive without large increases passed to the customer. I.e. Inflation

That's what I don't get I would think there not using varget, h4350, h4831sc, maybe h1000 and retumbo for sniper rounds. Would think most the 308 style and 5.56 style would be ball powders. I honestly think it's a created shortage to drive prices up.
All made from relatively the same ingredients, just different formulae and processes. Because they are done in a batch process, and there are only so many batch lines, the demand for specific powders and only so much equipment capacity creates a natural choke point.

If companies are buying powders for army fighting..say using 223cal..why wouldn't they be using the least expensive powders to throw bullets and increase profits that way....
'Using RL23 & 26' doesn't make sense....as bullets going downrange in a battle scene may hit the opponent maybe 1/10,000 shots....
🤣 🤣 🤣So your hunting and self defense ammo is loaded with junk, cheap, non performing powder? I just wonder why people fighting and dying prefer ammunition that predictably performs.

If anyone saw what was happening for 15 years they would have stocked up on powders (years ago) and now have enough to shoot for years to come.
I have been reloading for four decades and been through a few "shortages/price increases". Without question I could combine all the previous ones, and the latest one exceeds them all by 110X. I went in fairly well stocked +20k primers, and probably 150lb of powder. For me I was easily 10x under prepared for this. If we went to the same supply level we had in November 2019 today, the stores will be sold out for another 10-15yrs just to get "HOARDERS" like me and the new speculators up to a minimum level.

I have been reloading for four decades and been through a few "shortages/price increases". Without question I could combine all the previous ones, and the latest one exceeds them all by 110X. I went in fairly well stocked +20k primers, and probably 150lb of powder. For me I was easily 10x under prepared for this. If we went to the same supply level we had in November 2019 today, the stores will be sold out for another 10-15yrs just to get "HOARDERS" like me and the new speculators up to a minimum level.
You are not a "Hoarder" You are "Prepared".