2024 Powder Shortage

Rflshootr

Here is an article I came across.
Let me think this through....they're selling more powder than can be supplied, and it's not being sold to the public. Who are they selling all this powder to? The ammo manufactures are buying it all. So, that constitutes an increase in the commercial ammo price? I hope they have to eat their ammo next year and the year after that. This bs has been going on far too long now. Just another way to dig into people's pockets and make them less armed.

Last edited:
The ammo companies aren't in a shortage for powder. They are the ones creating the shortage. Just look on an ammo search engine for any of the common calibers, especially the ones the military uses, and tell me you can't find 223 or 9mm or 308 ammo. If there was such a shortage for military ammo, you wouldn't be able to buy commercial ammo in those calibers. There are tons of it out there.

The ammo companies aren't in a shortage for powder. They are the ones creating the shortage. Just look on an ammo search engine for any of the common calibers, especially the ones the military uses, and tell me you can't find 223 or 9mm or 308 ammo. If there was such a shortage for military ammo, you wouldn't be able to buy commercial ammo in those calibers. There are tons of it out there.
I know where they have Hornady Whitetail and Winchester xp 308 ammo for $21.99 box free shipping over $50 right now.They had some of the Hornady Whitetail for 17.99 box but i bought it all up lolShoots great in my AR-10

If companies are buying powders for army fighting..say using 223cal..why wouldn't they be using the least expensive powders to throw bullets and increase profits that way....
'Using RL23 & 26' doesn't make sense....as bullets going downrange in a battle scene may hit the opponent maybe 1/10,000 shots....

Recent Posts