2023 Elk Tags Drawn

Bring her along!
Nothing says "I love you" like sharing some quality time walking around on a mountain with snow up to your hind end!
I took my ex old lady along on what was supposed to be an easy duck hunt one time. Turns out It was brutal getting to where the ducks wanted to be that day, and to top it off temp dropped well below freezing and to wind picked up to about 20 mph with 25 mph gusts. She had a shell shocked look on her face by noon. Needless to say, she thought we were all crazy. I did mention that she was my ex, right? Lol

Both my wife and I drew Elk (any sex) and Mule Deer tags for unit 36 in New Mexico. Broke a long 8-year drought of being drawn for anything in NM, and we are lifetime residents. Went scouting last weekend and there were hundreds of elk of all shapes and sizes IN the Village of Ruidoso, but we only saw a single cow out in the mountains north of town. Not sure what that is all about...

I scheduled a black bear hunt in North Carolina two days ago this morning I just found out I drew a great tag for Wyoming Antelope… wife's not particularly happy, but I sure as heck am!!!!
Also drew a Kansas Whitetail rifle tag😊
Will you be hunting the coast? I live in the mountains of NC and Bear hunting with dogs is king here. All my buddies head east to the coast every year, too

Recent Posts