2023 bull elk hunt

michaelfelix13

Would like to plan a reasonable priced elk hunt next year . Any recommendations. Dose not need to be a trophy hunt. Must be a bull hunt

some info to help…

Do you have a state you prefer?
Are you a resident in any elk states?
Do you have preference points in any state?
Archery? ML? Rifle?
Backpack hunt? Horse hunt? Truck hunt?
Public land? Private land?
Hike 12 miles a day or sit and glass (can you go to 12,000 feet and hike…age and physical condition can really dictate the type of hunt)
Budget?
Expectations? 5 star ranch house and steaks or crappy wall tent and mountain house?

I read on another forum where a guy went home after 1 day because he wasn't happy with the camp vs expectations that were supposedly agreed upon, that one day he had multiple chances at 6 point bulls.

My point is, everyone has different expectations, make sure you're align with the hunt you book.

Not a resident of an Elk state. 70 years old in good shape. Wall tent hunt ok did it a few years ago on horseback. 12000 ft air is a little thin. Do not need or want chocolate on my pillow at night. Coffee and shower in the am would be ideal but just coffee and water for my face is fine. Rifle hunt. I guess for my friend ideal would be private land , truck hunt. But horse back wall tent is fine.

You never mentioned price. Seems like nowadays an entry level private hunt is going to be in the $10k range.