Wyoming Guided Elk Hunt 2023

Very nice bull!! I would be thrilled with something a lot less than that…
So I wanted to circle back to all of you with an update. After all we didn't need to rent a tent camp, but I did get many great leads from my LRH friends. But for me I'm very happy about shooting this guy at about 2pm on the first day of my hunt in Unit 45 (Bighorns) in Wyoming. Don't know what he scored and don't really give 2 sh___... He's one great trophy to me. Thanks for all of your help and encouragement, it truly is appreciated!

Attachments

• 0D5E52C2-2124-4871-9B11-E01DE060E081.jpeg
    0D5E52C2-2124-4871-9B11-E01DE060E081.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 138
  • C68F0E79-31A3-4492-9226-6DD60C89C877.jpeg
    C68F0E79-31A3-4492-9226-6DD60C89C877.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 139
JoSwan, my humble advice is to start building your preference points in good elk units. It took 14 points to draw this license… good luck and make your dream a reality!

A elk hunt like this is on my bucket list. Thanks for all the information here.

Yes, start building points and get in and stay in the best shape of your life. It'll take a decade or so to get some good points. During that time nothing wrong with vacationing and getting to know the areas you hope to hunt someday.

Be so cool if you could do it on your own, IE you do the work not the outfitting company for you. A DIY elk hunt is incredibly fullfilling!

Course it's anyone's guess what the point structures will look like in a decade....

So I wanted to circle back to all of you with an update. After all we didn't need to rent a tent camp, but I did get many great leads from my LRH friends. But for me I'm very happy about shooting this guy at about 2pm on the first day of my hunt in Unit 45 (Bighorns) in Wyoming. Don't know what he scored and don't really give 2 sh___... He's one great trophy to me. Thanks for all of your help and encouragement, it truly is appreciated!

Looks like a nice bull, interesting country as well. Looks like a lot of P&J. How many points did you have going into the draw?

It was very rugged, mixed, rocky country. Tough hunting/walking for sure. We chased this heard from daybreak and I shot him at 2pm ish 6 miles later… so dogz advice above is spot on. Elk hunting is a real commitment! And it took 14 points to draw the any elk (type 1) tag in Unit 45.

Thx

Yeah hunting elk on your own, public land is another world diff between other elk hunts