2022 Elk Hunt, where are you going

Wyo37. Got last years bull on the cherry creak bottoms. Should have spent more time in Ferris as that tag is a long draw.

I got within 100yds of a very nice 6x6 (a rookie guess he was bigger than 320) down low. He had 15 or so cows and a couple 6pt satellites running around. Guessed the wrong draw for the ambush out in the sagebrush.

Worried about what the pressure of the opening weekend of rifle will do, but I've got two weeks to find a good bull.

I called in a little 5x5 raghorn to about 3yds, that was fun.

It is a special place.

Colorado...waiting on the weather to see if I will go 2nd or 3rd season. Over the counter tags. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

• 6FCBB759-4B39-468C-BB8D-97A3BD0CE8F1.jpeg
    6FCBB759-4B39-468C-BB8D-97A3BD0CE8F1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
nice I head out after you, I'm hunting the second season
It's that time of year when our tags have come in and we are getting things going for the big hunt. I know a lot of us Bow hunters have already done our 2022 hunts, (for me that's in Utah), but this post is about the rifle seasons.

for that's Montrose Co, this will be my 24th year going here, over the years I normally go with 4 to 5 guys. I have mentored many over the years. but this year, I find myself going by myself. out of all the years of going, it will be my first time hunting elk all alone, I'm not worried about it, but the pack out going to suck, as I hike in 2 to 7 miles. packing out the meat that far is going to be a haul needless to say. but its what you have to do for success.
I do have many I have met why I was hunting (I hunt zone 64, 65) up there and this year hoping I see some formulate faces, share a campfire, and tell some hunt stories.
love your avatar! My wife will never believe me that the fence is off again lol!!!!!! 10k volts gave her gray hairs!

We are heading to unit 28 for OTC 2nd rifle. I will be taking my 16, and 17 yr. old sons for their first elk hunt. I am lucky enough to go with 4 of my very good friends and a buddy that i have had since college. Last year we were able to get a big 6x6 and I hope we get a chance to put on a good stock again this year!
Good luck to everyone this year!!
Good luck

Recent Posts