2020 LRH group hunt for elk with non-typical outfitters in western wyoming

Discussion in 'LRH Group Hunts & Shooting Classes' started by Andy Backus, Mar 19, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. lilharcher

lilharcher Well-Known Member

Welcome Robb....glad you joined and are contributing directly here.

Robb Wiley likes this.
  2. Brightlight

Brightlight New Member LRH Team Member

Hi Andy,

wanted to do this for a long time and finally got it all together. Spoke with Rob yesterday and send my booking form and deposit.

Looking forward to hunting with you guys,

Waidmannsheil,
    Bjorn

mfk and Andy Backus like this.
  3. Tree Farmer

Tree Farmer Member

I'm in! I have 3 points now and just need a place to go. I'll send a deposit today i
    I'm in! I have 3 points now. Just looking for a place to go. I'll send deposit today if there's still room.

Robb Wiley and Andy Backus like this.
  4. midwesthunter

midwesthunter Well-Known Member

I want to get in on one of these hunts someday, I just can't see burning 9 points this area. Good luck to all who go.

mfk likes this.
  5. M T Roberts

M T Roberts Member LRH Team Member

10 bonus points here and feel the same way. Looks like great fun!

mfk likes this.
  6. Zhomeguy

Zhomeguy Well-Known Member

Hunted with the LRH crew a few times now, always a good hunt, will put deposit check in mail once I confirm with Rob at Non-Typical space is available. Andy, if you have a count on "yes" yet you can pretty much count me in, I have 3-4 points for elk at this point.

mfk and Andy Backus like this.
  7. Robb Wiley

Robb Wiley Official LRH Sponsor

Hey Zhomeguy,
    You are always welcome at our fire, we would be honored to share another hunt with you! Yes we have room, we are about half way booked for this hunt. We have a great line up of guys, it's going to be some great hunting.

8. Hubby45

Hubby45 Well-Known Member

Looks like a great hunt. I need to start putting in for Wyoming to get some points going.

mfk likes this.
  9. Robb Wiley

Robb Wiley Official LRH Sponsor

I can feel your guys' pain on this decision. You are between a rock and a hard place in Wyoming with 80 percent of the available elk hunting in Wyoming being general hunt areas. There is some seriously stiff competition for the limited quota hunts that offer better elk hunting than general areas. Most of those top limited quota areas require max points. This is common in many states. We have guides who work in areas in AZ that require 15 or more points, great areas with great outfitters, but theses guides say our general elk hunting is on average better than these AZ units. The only difference is AZ areas have a chance at a 380 plus bull. We don't have many bulls over 340 here in western Wyoming. We do have a limited quota area that could give you guys a good opportunity at 330-350. Or if you fellas ever decide to pull the trigger on a general elk hunt we would love to give you our best effort. Give me a ring and we can go over the options.

10. Zhomeguy

Zhomeguy Well-Known Member

Lookn Fwd to some fireside chat for sure! Check enroute..

11. paulatherton21

paulatherton21 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Are there any spots left for this hunt in 2020?

12. Andy Backus

Andy Backus Field Editor Staff Member

Yes there are still spots available.