2018 LRH Group Hunt For Elk with Non-Typical Outfitters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
LRH Group Hunt for elk in the western Wyoming mountains in 2018. We have hunted elk with Non-Typical Outfitters 5 times including in 2017 (this is written before the 2017 hunt dates).

The following is what I wrote a couple years ago:

HERE.

A report on the 2014 hunt is HERE.

A report on the 2015 hunt is HERE. There you can read about what a factor weather can be in the success of a hunt.

And HERE is the story of my own hunt in 2015.

A report on the 2016 hunt is HERE.
================================

To reserve for 2018 you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2018 LRH Group Elk Hunt.
Bull elk hunt:
  • Hunt cost is $4,495 for two-on-one guiding or one-on one for $1,500 more
  • License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2017), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2017)
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Total of 8 to 10 hunters in camp for rifle
  • Bull elk
  • Rifle
  • 85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
  • Drive-in wall-tent camp
  • Horseback each day
  • High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
  • Long Range friendly outfitter
  • Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
  • RIFLE - Oct. 27 - Oct. 31, 2018 (a 5 day hunt)
  • Deposit of $1,000 is only requirement until successful draw in 2018
  • Two elk Preference points needed in Regular Draw. One point needed for the more expensive Special Draw. (based on 2017 draw odds)
  • Wyoming general state wide tag
  • Buy one preference point now HERE -- by October 30, 2017.
  • You snooze, you lose!

LRH Group Hunt for elk in the western Wyoming mountains in 2018. We have hunted elk with Non-Typical Outfitters 5 times including in 2017 (this is written before the 2017 hunt dates).

HERE.

A report on the 2015 hunt is HERE. There you can read about what a factor weather can be in the success of a hunt.

To reserve for 2018 you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2018 LRH Group Elk Hunt.
Bull elk hunt:
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Bull elk
  • Rifle
  • 85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
  • Horseback each day
  • Two elk Preference points needed in Regular Draw. One point needed for the more expensive Special Draw. (based on 2017 draw odds)
  • You snooze, you lose!
Len-

I am interested in the 2018 LRH Group Elk Hunt and will send my deposit to the outfitter. As a Wyoming resident I will simply need a resident Elk tag for the hunt area (this was communicated by the outfitter)

Len-

I am interested in the 2018 LRH Group Elk Hunt and will send my deposit to the outfitter. As a Wyoming resident I will simply need a resident Elk tag for the hunt area (this was communicated by the outfitter)

icetool, welcome!

Terry,

It is a General Tag. One point should draw the tag with 100% success for non-residents in the Special Draw.

Len, I'm in. H

HERE.

Bull elk hunt:
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Bull elk
  • Rifle
  • Horseback each day
  • You snooze, you lose!
Len, I'm in. I have never done any kind of a guided hunt but always wanted to. I am a non-resident from Utah and currently have 2 points for elk in Wyoming. I have downloaded the form but do not see any mailing address on it to send it and the check to? Also I didn't see any instructions on how to make out the check.

Will the dates be the same as well?

Thanks for your help, Todd...

Messed this up the first time.

HERE.

Bull elk hunt:
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Bull elk
  • Rifle
  • Horseback each day
  • You snooze, you lose!

Welcome H. Looking forward to meeting you next year!
Sorry about the screwed up post. The name is Todd, not H. Here is the rest of my post. I'm in for 2018. I've never been on a guided hunt, but am looking forward to it. I have completed the form but cannot find a mailing address or instructions on how to make out the check? Thanks for your help. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

You can make out the check to Non-Typical Outfitters and mail it here Todd:

Non-Typical Outfitters
P.O. Box 3644
Alpine, WY 83128

Terry,

It is a General Tag. One point should draw the tag with 100% success for non-residents in the Special Draw.

Could someone sanity check my understanding of Wyoming's regs in that: if I buy a preference every year or every other year, I do not lose my accumulated points if I do not actually apply for a license for a few years. I intend to go in two or three years max, but things can and do change my plans.

If you don't apply for 2 years you loose your accumulated points.

From this "If a person fails to either apply for a drawing with the preference point option or purchase a preference point during the preference point only application period for two (2) consecutive years, all accumulated points for that species will be lost." I understand I can buy the preference point every other year during October, but not apply for an actual license and still retain my points.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/elsapplication/docs/preferencepoint.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts