2015 Muley DRT

codyadams

So this is my cousin shooting his 2015 Wyoming muley @418 yards with my 308. His first time shooting long range at big game, so we kept it kinda close.

Rifle is a Remington 700 tactical 20". Timney trigger, glass and pillar bedded action and floated barrel, 20 moa base and vortex viper 6.5-20x44. And Wyatts box mag. Load is 168 AMAX on top of 46 grains Varget, seated to 2.830" and chronoed @ 2674 average, about 10 fps ex. spread. Lapua brass, cci LR primer. 418 yards w/10 mph half value wind. I doped the rifle, told him to point and shoot ha ha. Worked out pretty well. I regularly shoot 600-800 with this gun at a 10"x10" steel plate, so I was pretty comfortable with him shooting at 418. Couldn't get the video to upload, so I'll put the YouTube link here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blGhz1NTvTE

Very nice shot, congrats all around and thanks for sharing ... and enjoy some good eats!

Thank you, that's appreciated. Love the performance I have been getting with the AMAX bullets on deer and elk from my 308. I don't know how they would do if they started out at over 3000 fps, but at the sluggish 2675, they hold together and have punched through everything they have hit, with tons of shock, good exit holes, and destroyed lungs. This gun will be re barreled to 260AI next year though, so another bullet will be tested out most likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.