2012 Was Fair to Midland (Pic)

Big Sky

SPONSOR
I'm not sure where to post this because there are 3 different species in the photo. I guess here is as good as anywhere. 2012 in Montana was a fair to midland year. I've had better and have had worse, but overall it wasn't bad. Having my own beetles to clean skulls makes things a little more fun. Although all the coyotes I killed last season aren't in the photo it wasn't bad. Called in and killed a little over 50 coyotes, 1 bear, and 1 mule deer. Normally there would be an antelope in the picture as well, but I haven't been lucky enough to draw the last 2 years. Drew 16 years in a row and then nothing the last two. Oh well, I should be about due to draw this year. Anyway it took a while to get all the skulls cleaned up. Hope some of you enjoy the pic.
2012Season_zpsc66a49d1.jpg

BestSkullCleaning.com

Attachments

• BestSkullCleaning.jpg
    BestSkullCleaning.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
Really I used to hunt arrow creek breaks over by denton quite a bit and a little out of stanford. I hear tell there are some big bulls running in the belts, but never have hunted over there. Nice buck no matter where he came from

I've killed a number of critters in the Arrow Creek breaks. There are some bulls over there, but not tons and tons of elk. Drawing a rifle tag is pretty difficult as you probably well know.

Most of the coyotes were taken with my Ruger Hawkeye Predator in 22-250 with Hornady 50gr Superformance ammo. The other third were taken with my AR-15 shooting 55gr Nosler BT's.

Almost got into the beetle thing a few years back but just too busy. Neat picture. Did you go out and collect the beetles yourself or buy them?

Very cool picture!! I have put boot marks and counted coup in the bench area as well. Curious to what a coyote skull is bringing. They look cool!! I want one with my own buck shot holes in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.