2 long range pa bucks down

30-06 boy

last week of pa season,we waited for snow.makes glassing much easier on the far mountain.clinton county pa is the location.thursday dec 6 my brother takes his first long range buck(14'' wide 8 point).we usually long range hunt with 5 guys(same old hunting buddies,more eyes to glass.)one fellow caught this buck chasing a doe at around 600 yards.we didnt have time to do our usual "sight in"on a rock or stump at same distance,he would have been long gone.my brother"got in the gun".someone else ranged him with the nikon rangefinder---560 yards.i put the elevation clicks on the heavy barreled savage 300wm/nikon buckmaster scope while my brother was closing the bolt on the 208 amax.the deer didnt stop for long but long enough .he stopped with his vitals clear in the open,there was a large tree at the rear of the vitals----bang-----bark flies off the large tree.deer takes one step.my bro ther launches another amax.this time he held slightly foreward.bang-----flop.dead deer.you could have heard the 5 of us celebrating 2 counties away.i will never forget that day.that amaxwent right through the boiler room.exit hole about the size of a 50 cent piece.if that we not enough,saturday dec 8.same spot 730 am caught another 8 point(around 120 b&c)at 700 yards.kinda foggy/humid.our buddy johnny"s turn to shoot.this deer was feeding,but he was in some thicker stuff---no shot.rangefinder not real accurate because of the weather.deer stoped in a open spot ,680 yards.he put the elevatin clicks on his 6.5x284 and launced a 142 smk.bang------deer hunched up and took off running.we thought he's hit.he must have been just under him.made a elevation adjustment.bang-----flop.dead deer.how cool is that.2 long range bucks in one season.we have gotten one before but not 2.this will be a season to remember for a long time.jason

So what kind of sorry, good for nuttin, excuse are you going to give for the lack of pictures. You know you can have your long range hunting license revoked for not taking pictures.:mad:

I was born and raised in Renovo and lived there 40 yrs. Clinton County is a great place at the end of the known world.

Ain't that the truth!! Had to go to Leidy Twp several times fo work...that place is down in a hol for sure!!

Good job on the hunting! I did well in SWPA.

Silvertip...........Since you lived in Renovo all those years I bet you know the person that I killed my first deer with Charlie Cross from Hammersly Forks. You may even know my uncle the reverand up in Hammersley forks (Jack) back in those days. Heck you might even know The game protector back then Keiper.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.