Pa. Range for Long Range Shooting

not to hijack your thread but does anyone know a range like this in SW pa.

Thanks

jgss2, Sportsmens Association of Greensburg is near the Westmoreland County Fair grounds. I understand they have a 500 yard range. Used to belong there but moved and it wasn't close enough to stay a member at that time.

Thanks A lot! Thats only 15 miles from me

jgss2, Sportsmens Association of Greensburg is near the Westmoreland County Fair grounds. I understand they have a 500 yard range. Used to belong there but moved and it wasn't close enough to stay a member at that time.

I live in Southern pa about 2hrs from you in Indiana, the ranges that I know of are
South Fork Rifle Club in Beaverdale
Williamsport, shot there many times
Reade Range, been there once, it's above Tyrone. They have F Class and 1000yd benchrest, and a sniper shoot

And of course, my back yard-out to 1900yds:D
Is that the place i hit the jug at 1070 with your gun?gun)
mike

Does anyone know of a range in Pennsylvania, open to the public, for long range shooting? I belong to 2 Sportsmans clubs and the longest range is 300 yards. If there is a range that someone can go and pay a nominal fee to use the range that someone can practice longer shots please let me know.

Greater Pgh. In Imperial pa. Have not been there in about 10 years but last time they had 450 yd rifle...Not very well maintained and a lot of idiots who had no discipline seemed to show up..I quit that range...nice benches though..

Jackson township near Johnstown 500 yds max. Membership required other than a few days closer to our deer rifle season(open to public shooting).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.