high country long range deer down

Great story, and deer. Congratulations to both you and your spotter, seems you have taught her well. My oldest Granddaughter is my spotter, I'm losing her though she leaves for Basic, and AIT in about 6 hrs. (ARMY STRONG)

What an experience! Just seeing the pictures makes my spirit soar. Actually being there must have been even better!

Outstanding teamwork! Congratulations to you both. Way to go!

Thank you for sharing your story!

Great photos! Wonderful story. Excellent hunt with your daughter! It couldn't have turned out any better. Thank you for the write up.

Outstanding. Next year you'll have to be her spotter!

30deg of angle at that range is significant much moreso for someone who's used to shooting on flatland.

In spite of what you'll read everyone misses and being able to quickly correct and put that second shot on target is often the difference between sore feet and a broken heart, and a full freezer.

Congrats to you both.

Great photo and write up! Congrats on all counts! Also, curious on your rifle, load and the software you're running.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for all the praise everyone. I'm very proud of her. She is a great shot herself. We shoot prairie dogs every summer.
I'm shooting a savage long range hunter in 7mm rem mag. I use 168 gr Bergers. 69 grains of H-1000 and CCI primers. Optics were a vx3 6.5x20 LR. Scope. Leica 1600 range finder and strelok is my ballistic program on my iPhone (works great w/out an incline) :D. Swarovski spotter. I'm saving for a custom rig. It'll be a while tho. I'm honestly very impressed with my savage. Shoots great! Thanks again everyone! Happy hunting.

aaaaawsome. Thanks for sharing. I will have to admit I enjoyed the pictures the most. They are thousands of words full of smile.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts