Is 450 yards Long Range? - Bear Down!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by ktgoodman, Apr 25, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. CONChunt

CONChunt Member

Great bear and really nice color!

2. ajkellerusmc

ajkellerusmc Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

3. MkJose

MkJose SCAMMER

to me it is.

4. Rbforty

Rbforty New Member

Had my 378-338 out last week after sitting in the safe for six or seven years, 2 old guys and 2 young guys with onely one of us ever shot it before( me of course ) without touching anything but the trigger, 2 1/2 high at 120 yds, dead on at 406 ( rangefinder) old guys 6" groups, young guys 3 1/2, bench rest, sand bags. 400 yds no big deal don't you just hate those young eyes and reflexes. By the way, weatherby alaskan, 340 chambered out to 378-338, custom muzzle brake,4 1/2x14 leupold, dead calm ( as a by the by, I live about 10 miles from the Leopold factory ) all my scopes are leupold

WYO300RUM likes this.
  5. Rbforty

Rbforty New Member

Sorry about that, I forgot to say that is the prettiest bear I've seen in a long time, I have several on the wall but none like that

WYO300RUM, Texanjohn and ktgoodman like this.
  6. Joefrazell

Joefrazell Well-Known Member

Looks like where I just got back from. I didn't see any this time out. Nice job and yeah 450 is still a good poke even when you practice further.

7. BigJohnH

BigJohnH Active Member

To some 450 is an impossible shot to others a chip shot, to answer your initial question. The only thing that matters is are you happy with your shot. Nice bear at any range!

ktgoodman, memtb and WYO300RUM like this.