160gr Matrix

I'm going to stick with H1000 and see how it does. Especially since I have 4 8#legs getting delivered tomorrow. It only took me a year to finally find some!

I'm going to stick with H1000 and see how it does. Especially since I have 4 8#legs getting delivered tomorrow. It only took me a year to finally find some!

Can't beat it for consistency! I have found that in my 6.5's, the Sherman and SS, it will be down 50-100' below powders like Retumbo and RL 33, but still a valuable powder..........Rich

I would really like to get my hands on some N570, or some of the new IMR 7757.....Rich

I got my batch of the IMR 7977 in, all same lot ! Got one 8lb jug of the 4451 (red can) coming in next week ..... could never get any of the N570.....

Now when the heck is Federal going to get us the 215 Mag primers ?
I'm down to my last three bricks , the Win and Rem mag primers just ain't doing it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 83
I got my batch of the IMR 7977 in, all same lot ! Got one 8lb jug of the 4451 (red can) coming in next week ..... could never get any of the N570.....

Now when the heck is Federal going to get us the 215 Mag primers ?
I'm down to my last three bricks , the Win and Rem mag primers just ain't doing it

I haven't seen 215's forever! Luckily, I use mostly 210's in my stuff and I picked up a whole carton of 210M a while back.
Do you have data on exactly where those two IMR powders fall on the burning rate chart? I am guessing that 7977 (got my #'s wrong) is somewhere between retumbo and rl 33? I think 4451 is around rl 22? Any thoughts?...........Rich

+1 ^^

I'm going to try the IMR 7977 in my 338 Edge, 338 Pro, 7.62 Pro, 7mm LRH & 6.5 Wolfkiller..
local dist had 100 lbs come in recently and I snagged 12 cans, probably can go get 12 more as most guys have no clue what it is for yet and it will sit on shelves like the IMR 4166 has been for the last few months ....

the IMR 4451 should work great in 375 cal rifles, both the 4350's gave me best velocity (over 2900 fps) and accuracy with 300 gr bullets in the 375 Pro, if this new "Enduron" stuff is totally temp insensitive I definately want to mess with it some ......

4451 is around H4350 RL19. 7977 is suppose to be around H1000, IMR7828.

Thanks Tank! I was wondering just the other day where the heck you were. I haven't seen any posts from you for a while. Welcome back:D Does anyone know how dense these powders are? Are the granules more like RL 33 (dense) or like the Hodgdon powders? I'm looking for capacity (weight) possibilities...........Rich

Thanks Tank! I was wondering just the other day where the heck you were. I haven't seen any posts from you for a while. Welcome back:D Does anyone know how dense these powders are? Are the granules more like RL 33 (dense) or like the Hodgdon powders? I'm looking for capacity (weight) possibilities...........Rich

I've been around. I've posted here and there. Still look in and only post when I have info necessary for conversation. As far as the new IMR powders, they are produced out of Sweden like the H extreme powders. However read an article that said they hold up to temp change better. Some guy used H4350 or 1000 and 4451 to compare. There was a bigger change with the Hodgdon powders over about a 60 or 70 degree swing. Maybe I'll do some digging and post what I find.

4451 is around H4350 RL19. 7977 is suppose to be around H1000, IMR7828.

Tank....I did some checking and looked at the latest Hodgdon data manual. It appears that 7977 is MUCH slower than 7828 or H1000. Depending on which case, it takes about 10 grains more. I think that would put it close to N570 and RL 33. The 4451 appears to be maybe between IMR and H4831. Just slightly slower than the IMR 4831............rich

Tank....I did some checking and looked at the latest Hodgdon data manual. It appears that 7977 is MUCH slower than 7828 or H1000. Depending on which case, it takes about 10 grains more. I think that would put it close to N570 and RL 33. The 4451 appears to be maybe between IMR and H4831. Just slightly slower than the IMR 4831............rich

Gotcha, thx for the heads up. I thought they were a little slower and almost used Retumbo and 4831. I wanted to error in the faster burn rate. Good to know. I know Hodgdon lists the 7977 as the best powder for velocity for .243 in a 105 and heavier bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts