15 year old niece's 570 yard deer.

WildcatB

Caths570deer.jpg

It took two shots. First shot was barely over its back. That was my fault. The deer moved 30 yards between ranging and the first shot. I didn't realize this and told her to take the shot. After the miss, the deer stayed in the same general area. Taking her time, she re-ranged it, re-dialed it, and calmly pulled the trigger. The bullet hit EXACTLY where she was aiming. The deer fell over backwards and instantly went to deer heaven.

It's funny because she's kind of a jokester and no one believes her on the distance.

She used a Tikka T3 lite 270 wsm, Hornady 150 grain SST's, a Bushnell yardage pro laser rangefinding scope, Harris long bipod with my backpack as the rear rest. She's not quite 5 feet and weighs right around 100lbs. The recoil didn't bother her a bit. She now calls herself the best assassin in the Jr. Sniper League. :)

Thanks everyone. We learned all we know about long range shooting on this site.

That's a nice one! 570 yards is pretty impressive, too!

That's a tough shot for a lot of people out there!

I'm especially impressed with the 270 WSM!!!

I didn't realize they had that kind of ballistics capability???

Awsome shot and deer!!! I have two more nieces starting to hunt this year -- hopefully they stick with it too!

15 yrs old... 570 yds... really nice buck... boy I bet shes hooked! Thats great, won't it be somthing in a few more years when she racks the wsm for an Edge.

I noticed the urban camo also. I guess at that range its not too important. Great shot and staying really coooool after the first shot being high. Nice job being a good spotter as well. I am sure this will be a lifetime memory for both of you. You are to be commended for instilling these skills and experiences in the next generation.

If she can tag them at 570 she could ware blinking lights and still get deer ;) good shooting!

Great job to her on a fine shot and to you for getting her out there! It is great to see kids involved, especially the girls. I hope my little girl has the interest when she's that age!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.