130 Swift Scirocco vs 156 Berger EOL Elite hunter

Since I have gotten mixed responses between the 130 and 156 I think I'll just buy a box of the 156's to try as well. I didn't want to have to buy a box that I possibly wouldn't use since it's so expensive but if I can make 35% of my money back selling the brass that makes it a little better I guess. I need to get a box of the cheaper interlocks anyways, weatherby suggests a 20 rd break in with their new guns so might as well do that with a box of the cheaper ammo(70$ box considered the cheapest🥲)and get a box of 156 bergers while I'm at it.

Since I have gotten mixed responses between the 130 and 156 I think I'll just buy a box of the 156's to try as well. I didn't want to have to buy a box that I possibly wouldn't use since it's so expensive but if I can make 35% of my money back selling the brass that makes it a little better I guess. I need to get a box of the cheaper interlocks anyways, weatherby suggests a 20 rd break in with their new guns so might as well do that with a box of the cheaper ammo(70$ box considered the cheapest🥲)and get a box of 156 bergers while I'm at it.
If you shoot the "premium" calibers it really pays to reload. Or, maybe use one of the premium hunting reloading small businesses to reload your brass.

If you shoot the "premium" calibers it really pays to reload. Or, maybe use one of the premium hunting reloading small businesses to reload your brass.
Yea I wish I knew somebody in my area that reloaded! Or who could show me how to do it if I got all the stuff

In my opinion, this thread illustrates the challenge of purchasing a "premium" cartridge like Weatherby 6.5-300 over a more widely available cartridge. If you do not reload, it is financially just painful to shoot.

I am in a similar situation with my 26 Nosler - effectively no ammo or brass available. I am loading Nosler brass that I bought 10 years ago to keep the rifle going (and that brass is merely ok and days are numbered). I scored the big lottery win as Nosler just posted 26 Nosler 142 ABLRs blems for sale and I got 4 boxes.

In my opinion, this thread illustrates the challenge of purchasing a "premium" cartridge like Weatherby 6.5-300 over a more widely available cartridge. If you do not reload, it is financially just painful to shoot.

I am in a similar situation with my 26 Nosler - effectively no ammo or brass available. I am loading Nosler brass that I bought 10 years ago to keep the rifle going (and that brass is merely ok and days are numbered). I scored the big lottery win as Nosler just posted 26 Nosler 142 ABLRs blems for sale and I got 4 boxes.
Yep, I'm hoping the 6.5-300 sticks around for a while and gets more popular. A year or 2 ago I couldn't find one at around a dozen of my local gun shops. Now there's 1 or 2 on the shelf in a few of the shops. Once I figure out this one's taste I plan to stockpile.

I have a .223 that I shoot throughout the year to maintain my shooting form. Much cheaper to shoot. Then for a couple months before the season I take my actual hunting rifle out to shoot a box or 2 a few times, preferably days with different weather/wind conditions, at long range to re-familiarize myself with the ballistics. So if I can stockpile 10-15 boxes and then just buy a box or 2 when I see a good deal or have the opportunity, I'll be set for many years.

Barnes 127gr lrx killed 2 elk last year at around 300 yds double lung shots and blow through both with 1 1/2" exit holes took about 5 seconds for them to drop. My boys first elk. I have pics of the lungs but thought might be too gruesome for some

Attachments

• 20221125_101339.jpg
    20221125_101339.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
Barnes 127gr lrx killed 2 elk last year at around 300 yds double lung shots and blow through both with 1 1/2" exit holes took about 5 seconds for them to drop. My boys first elk. I have pics of the lungs but thought might be too gruesome for some
Can't complain on those results, nice! Was that 127 lrx out of a 6.5-300?

The mule deer in my profile picture was harvested with one 127LRX screaming out of my 26 Nosler (not 65-300 but close!) at about 300 yards. Blew through the off side with massive blood/etc. ejected through exit hole.