130 gr tipped sierras from the 6.5 creedmoor

wv270wsm

Anyone have any kills with these 130 gr game changer bullets yet? Thinking about trying them in the sons gun . We will be handloading these and hunting whitetail out to 300-400 yards if they shoot good. Looking for real world performance .

Well I can't help with the Creedmoor but I did work up a load with the Sierra 130 gr Game Changer in my 6.5--284 Norma. At this stage I have only shot one Red Stag with them. He was at 300m and I put a bullet through his neck hitting his vertebra. The exit wound was about 7/8" in diameter and needless to say he dropped on the spot. I found that going from .020" to .030" halved my group size from .5 MOA down to .24 MOA and they were still holding .44 MOA out at 400m.
MV is 2988 fps.
At present I am working up a load with the 130gr GC for a couple of 6.5x55s. I will certainly continue to use them in my rifles.
Not quite what you were after but hopefully it helps.
20190311_165645.jpg

I'm going to be trying them out on muleys in November. They shoot great out of my gun with h4350

Thanks . We're probably going to be trying them from a 6.5 creedmoor and a 260 Remington also. Was just wanting to see what kind of actual field performance everyone was getting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts