Velocity from 6.5 Creedmoor

Anybody running small primer brass with RL26 and achieving these speeds, if so what primer? Rl26 is a unique powder, wondering if guys are getting proper ignition from small primers like CCI450 or Rem 7 1/2. Just curious......I know there are lot of good brass sources for this chamber, srp seems to last a lot longer in the pocket strength.

Anybody running small primer brass with RL26 and achieving these speeds, if so what primer? Rl26 is a unique powder, wondering if guys are getting proper ignition from small primers like CCI450 or Rem 7 1/2. Just curious......I know there are lot of good brass sources for this chamber, srp seems to last a lot longer in the pocket strength.
My post on page 3, #34 is with Lapua small primer brass, and rem 7.5's

My post on page 3, #34 is with Lapua small primer brass, and rem 7.5's
Have you found rem 7.5 to be the hottest srp available? I have CCI450. I'm shooting a 25 creedmoor(alpha brass) with 131 gr bullets. Using faster powders like H4350 & RL16 with good speeds. Some guys have tried rl26 but haven't gotten the big boost in fps, like it gives in so many other cases. I will just have to run a ladder to psi and find out. Was wondering if perhaps the hotter rem primer may help or if it's just not enough bullet weight to create the psi needed to see the difference.

Have you found rem 7.5 to be the hottest srp available? I have CCI450. I'm shooting a 25 creedmoor(alpha brass) with 131 gr bullets. Using faster powders like H4350 & RL16 with good speeds. Some guys have tried rl26 but haven't gotten the big boost in fps, like it gives in so many other cases. I will just have to run a ladder to psi and find out. Was wondering if perhaps the hotter rem primer may help or if it's just not enough bullet weight to create the psi needed to see the difference.
I have around 8k rem 7.5's because I used them in 223, then 300blk, then Creedmoor, then Grendel... I want to try some 450's but don't have any right now, and the 7.5's work well in everything I've got. From everything I've read, the rem 7.5 is the hottest small rifle primer, then CCI 450. By hottest I mean largest flame front, but maybe not the hottest flame. CCI 450 is right next in line behind it. I haven't experienced any delayed ignition, but I haven't shot the Creed in the cold yet.
In your situation, I would try the 450's and the 7.5's and see what gets you more consistency. Rl26 should get you around another 100fps over rl16 if you have enough room in the case. You're also going to want a pretty long drop tube, and not mind still compressing loads.

147 ELD-M
Lapua brass
Cci 400
42.1 grains IMR 4831
2650 FPS out if a 26 inch criterion.

The Hornady data says I'm at max. I was worried on barrel life, but based on what I see people doing here maybe I'm more reasonable than I thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.