12GA Rounds for Grizz?

Why hasn't anyone mentioned desert eagle 44 or 50?
I once owned a Desert Eagle 50AE and it was very tough to shoot accurately with any kind of speed. First shot would have to count for sure. Mine wasn't ported as I'm sure many are since I had mine. Maybe porting one could make the difference. Not a fan of porting or braking pistols. Pretty content with my G20.

I prefer Glock G40 in 10MM as a great bear defense choice facilitating chest rig carry, 15+1 capacity with quick extra mags tactical or empty reload, great ammo choices for penetration and recoil levels, easy handling in close quarters, the MOS is optic mount ready, reliable, inexpensive, polymer is weather compatible, good rough duty trigger, etc. G20 offers a 4.6" barrel versus the G40 6.02" for a slightly faster handling/draw option. Only downside is the typical semi-auto issue of unintended contact against muzzle can take it out of battery rendering it useless until re-engaged...possible major liability for bear defense.....not encountered in revolvers.
This?

This?

They make a very high quality no frills 1911.

Personally I prefer the Springfield XD series for greater mag capacity for this kind of application. Glock is a good choice but I prefer the XD's for the added backstrap safety.

Unless you have hands like an AK Brown bear they are very difficult to grip well enough to be controllable.

They also weigh about as much as a mountain rifle, so they are no pleasure to lug around.
Well right. They never fit my hands at all never owned or shot one but who did they really make them for anyway?? Yeah they are cumbersome too just inquiring though.
Be about as comfortable as lugging around my 460s&w at about 5lbs which is why I'm in the process of getting my old RSRH 454 back.

Well right. They never fit my hands at all never owned or shot one but who did they really make them for anyway?? Yeah they are cumbersome too just inquiring though.
Be about as comfortable as lugging around my 460s&w at about 5lbs which is why I'm in the process of getting my old RSRH 454 back.
Wannabe Gangsters who like to pose on Twitter with their guns and old white guys with too much money having a midlife crisis. 🤣

They do however make a very practical, very nice 1911 in 10mm.

Well, you did ask.....

1666330170505.png
1666330184635.png

Wannabe Gangsters who like to pose on Twitter with their guns and old white guys with too much money having a midlife crisis. 🤣

They do however make a very practical, very nice 1911 in 10mm.
I really do want a 1911 in 10mm

What I would like to see is real world testing between 10mm and 45acp.

I really do want a 1911 in 10mm

What I would like to see is real world testing between 10mm and 45acp.
The 10mm has considerably more energy and penetrates much better with the right bullet.

I've put as many as 9 45acp into the chest of a big boar and had him still run over 400yds. With the ten I've never needed more than 3 to put them down.

The 10mm is now my go to handgun in SA when I'm hog hunting.

Big hogs are probably the best available real world test bed for any tough, hard to bring down and/or dangerous species.

What 460 do you have…..a 5" per chance? memtb

The 10mm has considerably more energy and penetrates much better with the right bullet.

I've put as many as 9 45acp into the chest of a big boar and had him still run over 400yds. With the ten I've never needed more than 3 to put them down.

The 10mm is now my go to handgun in SA when I'm hog hunting.

Big hogs are probably the best available real world test bed for any tough, hard to bring down and/or dangerous species.

Not exactly a "glowing recommendation" as a stopping/defense cartridge for Bear defense. Needing 3 rounds to accomplish the task, likely better placed than in a defense situation, doesn't give me the warm fuzzies…..especially when getting 3 rounds into play during a legitimate Bear attack is unlikely! memtb

Recent Posts