Grizz Ammo

I always took small arms ammo to the main UPS center and never had a problem. Branch 'drop off stores may not know how to handle ammo. Declare small arms ammo and get the blue ORD sticker. I believe it is for other regulated shipment.

I will see if I have any 3 1/2"

I've not shipped ammo to Alaska but I have sold a rifle to a member here on this site…. Sent next day air but it took about 2 weeks due to the location being remote. UPS will ship hazmat items. You will need to call them and get a few details but I'm sure it can be done. Lower 48 requires a white Diamond label and is ground. But when I called for myself to learn what is legal, how to do it, and asked about shipping ammo I've loaded to family in other states they said they'll ship anywhere. Just remember everything has a price tag and Alaska is remote.

I don't recommend shooting Grizzly with these. Just sayin'

Seems like it could be one heck of a game, maybe make it a TV show. I'm certain I know a few Russian who would make a high stakes drinking game out of it...

Back in high school one my buddies got a job being a Jr woodchuck at a weir. I'll ask him if I can type up the story some day. Suffice to say he one and a million shot accidentally killed a bear with a non lethal. 2 days of paperwork, several interviews with game officers, an explanation to his boss and being forever enshrined in department training about "not killing bears with cracker shells".

I get ammo all the time

Shipped to ak? Barge service? I know that's how the local outfits do it. Should probably look into it one of these days...

Usually smuggle 45 pounds in each suitcase every time I visit the lower 48. Back in normal times we would run ammo to Seattle or Newport to put on tenders. Did it before 08 and twice in 18 and 19. In the way back machine cci had an outlet for the land of misfit toys i.e. overruns and oddball. We were wrapping up a big boat project and made a run to Lewiston. Prices were so good and were were enthusiastic dumb kids making to much money, sagged a Tacoma pretty bad with so much ammo. It was an immense amount of pride using a crane and flying forks to unload the summers ammo....

Dang that's hard to think back on, I'm safely on the sunny side of 40. Shouldn't be old enough to look back on how much better it was "back then ".