127 LRX 6.5 Creedmoor

KiwiIan

Hi guys, I,m considering adding a 6.5 cm to my 30 cal and 7mm dominated gunsafe.
Already planning in advance what may be a suitable contender for an all round hunting bullet i.e. 127 LRX. The rifle I'll most probably go with is a Tikka T3x stainless lite which will get cut to 20" and suppressed.
Some suitable load information would be much appreciated, along with thoughts on my projectile choice.

I am running the similar weight hammer hunters 126gr bullets (named 124gr) in my 6.5 creed 22" barrel.

I am working on 2 powders now,

RL26.
Superformance.

Both get me well over 3000 fps without pressure signs. Accuracy is right around 1 moa on both loads, not sure which will be best yet.

RL26: id start at 44 gr and work up. I hit 3000 at 46.5 gr and pressure at 47.5 gr
Super: id id 44 gr again and work up. I hit 3000 at 46.3 gr and pressure at 47gr

Cci250 with starline brass

Those velocities are certainly up there.
I guessing that I'd be getting around 2900 given that this will be out of a 20" barrel. The powders you have listed are also readily available to me as well.
Thanks mate

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.